Note acceptor Global M/C

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
nude777

Note acceptor Global M/C

Post by nude777 »

Hi there, Was wondering if I could ask a few questions please:

I have a GLOBAL/MAYGAY “WILDSIDE CLUB” Machine and want to know which note acceptor would fit, I have the manual and it says a NV4 or JCM will do, but don’t know if it will fit the cabinet, there is a oval cut out with a global logo on it screwed on so it may go there? Also there looks like to be some sort of loom whether it’s for the note acceptor I don’t know?.

Any help will be great, I can send pics of where I think the note acceptor may have gone if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Nude777
reelman

Post by reelman »

Yes, the oval thing at the front is simply unbolted from behind and replaced with a note acceptor mount, which will vary depending upon which note acceptor you intend fitting. Behind the note acceptor then goes a chute, which takes the money to the note vault ~ posh name more a metal box with a lock, which sits on the shelf behind the bottom door. You will obviosly need a loom, but by the sounds of it, you already have this. depending on the lead you have, may dictate the note acceptor that you can fit.
nude777

Post by nude777 »

cool great news thank you for clearing that up for me, but in the manual it reads that it can take a Nv4 or JCM acceptor, do you know which is better and where I can get one from.

Thank you again Reelman
reelman

Post by reelman »

It can take either the NV4 or the JCM, but personally, I'd go for the NV4. However, as you appear to have a loom fitted alredy, I suppose you're restricted to whichever your loom will fit, as the NV4 and JCM have fittings. Suggest you post a close up photo of your loom fitting ~ single row of pins is likely to be an NV4, whilst a double row of pins is could be a JCM
nude777

Post by nude777 »

The loom pic?
Attachments
dscf0341_901.jpg
dscf0341_901.jpg (658.66 KiB) Viewed 414 times
reelman

Post by reelman »

I can't see too clearly, but it looks to me that the white connectors are for an NV4, but am not certail at all about the black connector ~ it could be a JCM or a Luminar. I presume the other end of the loom is already plugges in ~ have you plugges it into the main board or the hopper driver board? In your manual, it should tell you what Dil switches to flick, in oredr for it to know there's a note acceptor fitted ~ I think it's Dil 12 off the top of my head, but somebody else may correct me on that. I believe there's also a difference between serial and parallel note acceptors, and is probably covered in your manual too ~ one plugs into the main board, whilst the other plugs into the hopper driver board, which is hidden behind a metal cover, strangely enough, near to where the hopper sits.
nude777

Post by nude777 »

Yes the loom does fit the boards will post pics later, maybe you could tell me for sure which note acceptor will fit.

Thanks again.
nude777

Post by nude777 »

Learning all the time. Now the loom I have goes to the CPU board and not the hopper board, it's says "serial port 2" now with out any n/a fitted and the Dils at there correct on offs according to the manaul, I turn on m/c and says on the LCD desplay "NV4 serail N/A" it will except it if I had one so I do know that the nv4 is obsolete but will have one if I could find one, so will a lumi or jcm fit instead? With same loom.

Thank you.
reelman

Post by reelman »

See my PM
nude777

Post by nude777 »

Sorry reelman got
no pm message?.
reelman

Post by reelman »

Have just tried sending you another pm, but if you fail to get it, please pm me and we can discuss further.

I have an NV4 and the mounting bezel for it. I've also got the oval metal mounting bracket, which replaces the Maygay plate on the front of your machine, to which the note acceptor fits. I also have the note chute, which the notes enter after being processed by the NV4, and the lockable note vault, which is where the notes should end up after falling down the chute. The note vault sits on the left hand side of the shelf behind the lower door ~ if you look, you'll see where it sits, and from there, if you look upwards, you should be able to see a clear run to the back of the NV4/oval plate ~ this path is where the note chute sits.
charlottemoo

Post by charlottemoo »

On the very slim off chance that you may still have an NV4 with chute and note vault etc etc please please contact me, also if anyone reading this has the same available please do contact me.

Also looking for the mark 2 PSU too please

Best Regards

Charlotte

: )