fautly machines

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
br2000ad

fautly machines

Post by br2000ad »

hi a newbie with fruit machines have owned arcade machines for over 10 years also did have a fruity a while ago but did,nt keep it long.well what it is i picked up some barcrest machines which had been stored in a damp place,first one is hi jink thats works but the Alphanumeric Display does,nt so i need one of those if anyone can guide me to best place for parts,second is monty phthon flying circus when i switched this on the black board on the back the one when you open it up don,t know what its called..?well there was a small bang like a fuse had poped but i checked them and they was fine but some smoke was coming from it.i was told you can change these but don,t know can someone confirm this
many thx
reelman

Post by reelman »

Most stuff can be changed, if only we know what it is you're after. Monty Python, if my memory serves me right, is an MPU5 based machine. Perhaps loading up some photos of what you think you need may be a good start.
The fault LED could be down to a duff driver board, and not the LED itself.
br2000ad

Post by br2000ad »

reelman wrote:Most stuff can be changed, if only we know what it is you're after. Monty Python, if my memory serves me right, is an MPU5 based machine. Perhaps loading up some photos of what you think you need may be a good start.
The fault LED could be down to a duff driver board, and not the LED itself.
red light in picture does change to green quick then back to red
[img]
Attachments
09102011329_651.jpg
09102011329_651.jpg (580.94 KiB) Viewed 138 times
reelman

Post by reelman »

Glad to know my memory is still working ok. It is indeed an MPU5 based machine. The MPU5 is easily replaced, but be sure to take out the game card held in the middle of it, and to pop it into your new MPU5.
However, if you wait a while, someone else here may be able to give you more advice concerning the red LED that illuminated, which could save you changing the MPU5.
Have you checked the power supply, which is located behind the lower door? This is more likely to have blown in the damp.
br2000ad

Post by br2000ad »

reelman wrote:Glad to know my memory is still working ok. It is indeed an MPU5 based machine. The MPU5 is easily replaced, but be sure to take out the game card held in the middle of it, and to pop it into your new MPU5.
However, if you wait a while, someone else here may be able to give you more advice concerning the red LED that illuminated, which could save you changing the MPU5.
Have you checked the power supply, which is located behind the lower door? This is more likely to have blown in the damp.
no i ain,t check it but will.found some books inside game information(engineering info)its got about flashing error codes a full table of these codes can be found in the machine service manual but ain,t got one..red light flashes twice and green once if anybody can help..
br2000ad

Post by br2000ad »

br2000ad wrote:
reelman wrote:Glad to know my memory is still working ok. It is indeed an MPU5 based machine. The MPU5 is easily replaced, but be sure to take out the game card held in the middle of it, and to pop it into your new MPU5.
no i ain,t check it but will.found some books inside game information(engineering info)its got about flashing error codes a full table of these codes can be found in the machine service manual but ain,t got one..red light flashes twice and green once if anybody can help..
yeah checked the power supply fuse ain,t blown,will put a couple of pictures to check,just want to know if another connector as to go on this power supply as this was,nt in machine when i picked it up.bloke said its from the machine but was tryed on another one
Attachments
09102011330_138.jpg
09102011330_138.jpg (554.43 KiB) Viewed 130 times
09102011333_203.jpg
09102011333_203.jpg (812.03 KiB) Viewed 141 times
br2000ad

Post by br2000ad »

br2000ad wrote:
br2000ad wrote:
yeah checked the power supply fuse ain,t blown,will put a couple of pictures to check,just want to know if another connector as to go on this power supply as this was,nt in machine when i picked it up.bloke said its from the machine but was tryed on another one
anyone got any answers..?
br2000ad

Post by br2000ad »

&quot wrote:
&quot wrote:
br2000ad wrote:no i ain,t check it but will.found some books inside game information(engineering info)its got about flashing error codes a full table of these codes can be found in the machine service manual but ain,t got one..red light flashes twice and green once if anybody can help..
yeah checked the power supply fuse ain,t blown,will put a couple of pictures to check,just want to know if another connector as to go on this power supply as this was,nt in machine when i picked it up.bloke said its from the machine but was tryed on another one.can anyone help with this problem
reelman

Post by reelman »

You've got the latest MPU5 power supply here. Some of the earlier ones had fuses on them that were prone to breaking their holders ~ not the actual fuses themselves. Your power supply is much better than these old ones.
Without wanting to talk the bleeding obvious, there's an on/off switch on this newer power supply, which many people overlook.
As for the connections, it does have just the one red/orange connection, plus the green earth cable of course, which should be secured to the post in your picture with a nut.
br2000ad

Post by br2000ad »

thanks for reply
neosam

Post by neosam »

Hi I have the exact same problem on my monty python flying circus fruity, just turned it on for the 1st time in a long while and i have the LED's on the boards but no lights or power to the fruity (you know when it 1st starts the reels go crazy etc)
does anyone have an answer here? do i need a new cpu? or a new board where the red light flashes?
Any help would be appreciated greatly.