HotStuff rejecting coins

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
jweaver100

HotStuff rejecting coins

Post by jweaver100 »

My HotStuff has started to reject more and more coins.

It started being picky with 20ps and now 30% of £1 coins are rejected too.. If I keep putting them in, almost all will eventually work, but its starting to annoy me.

I have followed some instructions and 'cleaned' the coin mech by pulling out the 'flap' on the side and wiping with some antistatic cleaner.. But there wasn't much to clean and whilst a little bit of dirt appeared on the cloth (but not much), its made no difference.. The coin mechanism in quesiton is a "Cashflow 126DFx".. Does anyone have any tips as to how to solve this?

Jon
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Why, don't you phone your supplier and tell them about your problem, if the machine is under warrenty, they should send you a new one.

Or you could do a coin test...
jweaver100

Post by jweaver100 »

I bought it privately, so there is no warantee..

I can live with the problem, I just figured that someone here might be able to help.

Whats a "coin test"?

Jon
spa

Post by spa »

Give it another clean. I do it once a week as mine get used so much.

Your machine is probably taking more coins than if it was sited somewhere, you know someone puts a few in, someone else does. You are probably putting £100s through in quick sucsession and the muck build up happens quicker.

I just used a ringed out damp cloth and gave it a good scrub and before it was taking 1 in every 10, it now takes 8 in every 10.
jweaver100

Post by jweaver100 »

My worry about cleaning it is that there is a small ribon connector on the 'flap' which i am opening and I am convinced that its going to break.

Do you normally take the coin mech out to clean it, or do you do it in situ?

Jon
spa

Post by spa »

I just leave it where it is. Turn the machine off, pull the flap back and clean everywhere behind it.
jweaver100

Post by jweaver100 »

I have given it another clean and it does seem better.. But it still seems to have a problem with 20ps.

But it does seem to be a lot better.. Is there anything that can be done about the 'sensitivity' of specific coins?

Thanks for your help

Jon
spa

Post by spa »

Mine has always been just £1s, take everything else 1st 99% of the time.

Your coin mech could just be on the way out? How many £1s does it take out of 10? 20ps out of 10, all coins out of 10.

Hot Stuff must been 2001 or 2002?
Immys

re

Post by Immys »

power of and gently clean the mech

with foam or a slight damp cloth

if no joy have the mech reprogrammmed or cgeap change the mech with the same model
Need Help! Expert Repairer Of All Amusement Machines.

or alternativley email: immys@fsmail.net