Sticking Buttons

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
dmrolyat

Sticking Buttons

Post by dmrolyat »

Hi
Just managed to get hold of Red Gaming Crazy Cash Point.
Some (most) of the buttons are sticking a bit. What's the best way to stop them sticking?
Thanks
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

I had to take the entire button out and take it apart from the springs and microchips. Not easy reassembling. The stickiness is normally between the spring and the button, so the inner surface normally needs cleaning. I took the button out , removed the spring and gave the plastic part a good rinsing and soaping in the sink. Put it back together and it worked fine! I had a Red Lucky Devil so same cabinet and button shape.
If you need help just ask, I might be able to assist with what I can remember however my machine isnt with me at the moment lol
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

Or if you don't want to take them apart just spray a little WD40 along the edges of each button and it will dissolve the dry beer etc. :wink:
insert 20p to play
jesz

Post by jesz »

Just spray glass cleaner on them, works a treat
pound

Post by pound »

wildcat wrote:Or if you don't want to take them apart just spray a little WD40 along the edges of each button and it will dissolve the dry beer etc. :wink:
This :D
dmrolyat

Post by dmrolyat »

tried glass cleaner, didnthave much impact....
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

dmrolyat wrote:tried glass cleaner, didnthave much impact....
WD40??
worked perfect on mine.
insert 20p to play

Post by 6502 »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:I had to take the entire button out and take it apart from the springs and microchips. Not easy reassembling. The stickiness is normally between the spring and the button, so the inner surface normally needs cleaning. I took the button out , removed the spring and gave the plastic part a good rinsing and soaping in the sink. Put it back together and it worked fine! I had a Red Lucky Devil so same cabinet and button shape.
If you need help just ask, I might be able to assist with what I can remember however my machine isnt with me at the moment lol
that's the proper way of doing it, any thing else is a short term bodge.
remove the button inner and outer from machine then pop off the button 'lens' and wash every thing as above.
stewy

Post by stewy »

yep, as he says, remove completely, it's an easy job.

Remove switch by twisting, then unscrew the plastic retaining ring and remove button from glass.

use a foam cleaner (or any other cleaner really)

then repeat above in reverse. It's a half hour job but worth doing properlt. Many m/c's have had a build up of spilt drinks, dust and other crap, especially if you have picked up a 2nd hand one...