Go For Gold - buzzing sound

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
chandbury

Go For Gold - buzzing sound

Post by chandbury »

This may be straight forward but, i have just purchased Go For Gold Barcrest machine (poss not that relevant as maybe standard for all machines) and it has a buzzing noise from the speaker. The connection can be removed but then no sound 'shock'. Any ideas for a fix?

Any help please?
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Hi, what tech is this? MPU5?

Buzzing through the speakers is often coming through from the PSU.
chandbury

Post by chandbury »

cheers for the reply aaamusements.co.uk

This is the problem.. this is my first fruit machine and MPU5 doesnt mean that much to me im afraid, is it the version of software the machine runs on?

I also need a quick pointer on what to do with the refill key, i am told i need to fill the hopper. A couple of steps would help on how to fill the hopper and how to check/change the percentage payout 'if needed'

sounding a bit clueless but glad i found this site.
reelman

Post by reelman »

There's at least 3 ways that you can fill the hopper up, but in practice, only 2 of these are ever used. The fisrt involves the full amount of £1 coins, and the 2nd involves any amount of £1 coins that you wish to use.
The first option is dead quick & easy. Place £350 in the hopper ~ turn the refil key, press the button marked "hopper topped up" which is usually located near to the hopper. Hey presto, after a short beep from the machine, it thinks that it's now full, even if you did short change it.
Option 2. Place any amount of coins in the hopper. Turn the refil key, press the "hopper dump button" which is located behind the bottom door, and just above the cash boxes. You may need to get on your knees to see this. Press this button, and then follow the on screen instructions. The machine will dump whatever coins are in the hopper, counting them as they exit. Replace these coins in the hopper, and lock the machine up. It now thinks it has that amount in the hopper. Any £1 coins now entered for play will be added to the hopper until it reaches £350, at which point they will divert to the boxes below. A word of warning though. If you only fill it with £10 for example, there's no guarantee that it won't pay out the jackjpot, causing the machine to alarm & call for the manager to refil it.
Hope that helps.
The percentage is adjusted via the Dil switches. A sticker inside should give you the relevant settings for the percentage you want.
reelman

Post by reelman »

Price per play & jackpot amount is also selected via the Dil switches.
chandbury

Thanks

Post by chandbury »

Thanks.

(Apologies for not acknowledging your replies)

I hadnt logged into the site for some time, i just continued to play the machine as it was.. And today posted another request without checking my old post.... oops!

I will def look at the advice - Thanks again. :)
chandbury

Buzzing sound

Post by chandbury »

I think i am a little bit clearer on the hopper dump/refill.

However i wouldnt mind help with the speaker buzzing constantly.
(Could it be a bad lead or connection - the buzzing changes pitch slightly and goes from fairly loud to hardly there and seems to be in sync with the light routine when the machine isnt being played.

i.e the display lights flash in a sequence and the buzzing starts then the lights stop and no buzzing.

Cheers.
arcadeclearanceltd

Post by arcadeclearanceltd »

If the buzzing is in synch with your lights then it sounds like your power supply is weak. You could try replacing it.

Regarding the refill, check out my simple video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-aoXs44aqM

Cheers
Darren
chandbury

Post by chandbury »

Thanks for the help.

Will look into your advice and advise.

Cheers.