Barcrest Hopper problem

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!

Post by 6502 »

If that track is OC, then just bridge it with some fine wire

What the other side like ?
that normally suffers the most
lee

Post by lee »

Clean round the area and scrape off some of the green,then I would use a soldering iron and a solder sucker and take all the old solder off around the pin,then you could bridge the gap with link wire,or if the gap is small you can bridge the gap with solder
Brian69

How to fit a new battery. Replace tracks

Post by Brian69 »

6502 wrote:If that track is OC, then just bridge it with some fine wire

What the other side like ?
that normally suffers the most
I have checked the other side with a magnifying glass and there doesn't seem to be any damage. I have cut off the battery on the component side and cleaned it all off with Vinegar and then washed with water, as the webpage. So do I now solder the new battery to the cut off pins?

Also do you know if the solder points that I have marked connect to the tracks that I have arrowed?

On the other picture there is some rust on the pins of the Chip. Will this still be ok if I just clean it off with a Fibre Pen? As you can tell this is all a bit new to me.

Also my other similar machine works fine. should I check and change the battery if it is the same type? I have just checked and it is an MPU5, so should I check that battery?
Attachments
MVC-090S.JPG
MVC-089S.JPG
MVC-088S.JPG
MVC-087S.JPG
1.jpg
Brian69

Post by Brian69 »

Problem solved, everything working. Cleaned up the circuit board, fitted new battery.