WARNING when buying a machine

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
machine doctor

WARNING when buying a machine

Post by machine doctor »

Looking at the popular auction site, I have listed just some of the faults that sellers have risked describing in the sale of their machine,still hoping that someone will part with their hard earned cash for a worthless machine.
How many that don't list faults will always be a gamble for those buying, resulting to their cost when the machine finally gets delivered and it does not work correctly.
The list does not include any sellers that described their machines great looks and appeal,but omitted to say if weather the machine was in working condition.
Buyers just beware of what you could end up with.

"I've always used it to play in free play mode".

"It has 2 minor problems/faults with it."

"Sometimes the fuse becomes loose. A quick turn of it sorts this out."

"fruit machine needs 3rd reel fixed"

"This machine currently does not work properly as it keeps blowing a 3A fuse. It might be something really easy to fix i just do not know"

"This machine does not work properly as it comes up with an error code which i do not know how to fix."

"Fruit Machine, Very Cheap No Keys"

"I have a few spare bulbs, one or two do need changing"

"Machine in Good Condition but not sure about working condition"

"THE BACK & FRONT PANALS HAVE BEEN BUSTED OFF AS THE PERSON I BOUGHT IT FROM LOST THE KEYS ."

"IT WILL NEED SOME BULBS REPLACED ON DISPLAY BUT AGAIN THIS IS QUITE CHEAP TO FIX."

"is in need of some attention"

"had previously bought off ebay,we have been unable to get the machine to work correctly"

"FRUIT MACHINE. IT DOES WORK BUT WERE YOU PUT THE COINS IN NEEDS REPAIRING. YOU CAN PLAY ON FREE PLAY WITH OUT REPAIRING IT. BUT YOU NEED TO REPAIR THE COIN SLOT TO PLAY FOR WINNING. IT ALSO NEEDS A FUSE. NONE OF THESE WILL TAKE MUCH TO SORT OUT."

"This was working for years, then it stopped working."

"Machine sometimes works fine, sometimes it works and makes a strange noise and sometimes does not work at all."

"IVE BEEN TOLD BY A FRUIT MACHINE REPAIRER ITS NEEDS ANOTHER MPU BOARD"

"May work with little tinkering. No keys but top opens just cash box locked
needs attention was working perfectly till moved into the garage"
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

yep all good advice but you forgot "im selling it for a friend!"
machine doctor

Post by machine doctor »

Yes that too, so if it all goes pear shaped The "friend" gets the blame and your money with them.
dav777

Post by dav777 »

I love e bay, as long as people keep buying dud machines that dont work we can keep repairing them and charging accordingly!
:D
steve9976

Post by steve9976 »

Bought a nice one recently. Homers Meltdown. "Makes huming sound when pluged in". Failed to mention, no keys, top glass dislodged, all metal rusty as hell, stored in barn and had to wheel over mud past real cows to get in car. So just needed new PSU and a cabinet rebuild!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

steve9976 wrote:Bought a nice one recently. Homers Meltdown. "Makes huming sound when pluged in". Failed to mention, no keys, top glass dislodged, all metal rusty as hell, stored in barn and had to wheel over mud past real cows to get in car. So just needed new PSU and a cabinet rebuild!
:lol:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.