Problem With Vivid Pie Factory. Could someone please help!

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Mule

Problem With Vivid Pie Factory. Could someone please help!

Post by Mule »

Hi guys,

New to the forum and I am trying to start and build up a fruit machine collection. Rushed in and bought this one, not the best machine but the price was ok.

It started getting to the point where no money was being accepted so I took out the entire coin mechanism above the hopper and cleaned it all out. Since re-installing it nothing works :shock: Since becoming a member it seems I only needed clean the flap bit inside. However the rest was filthy.

I am getting Alarm code 54-2A Which says on the LCD, "LCD METER COMMS FAIL" And the MPU5 "Hey......" alarm call, whcih is quite annoying. Do you think the two problems are connected? I may have plugged the wrong wire into the coin mech first time. But they are keyed so they are definitely right now.

I'd really appreciate suggestions guys. I have pulled most of the fuses out and checked them.

Thanks

Ian
PHOENIXLEISURE

Free advice.

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

Hi there above the mech there is an electronic meter sounds like you have accidently unplugged it. Simply plug it back in :)

If you feel ive helped then donate me some cash by using the link below no donation refused!

http://www.beep.com/members/biosugars/donate.htm
"Technician Not Magician"
Mule

Post by Mule »

Yeah that is what I checked first of all but it seems to be plugged in both at the meter end and the MPU5 end. I guess it could be bust. I should check the wire for continuity also.

Cheers
PHOENIXLEISURE

:)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

No what to do is power down machine, take out gamecard and power up for about ten seconds, power off then replace game-card this should clear the faults..

If you feel ive helped then donate me some cash by using the link below no donation refused!

Mule

Post by Mule »

Thanks for helping me.

The problem still continues. Is that the only way to reset a machine? I have taken out the game card and powered on etc.. but the same problem exists. The machine doesn't come to life at all. It just throws up the LCD METER COMMS FAIL message. However the LCD meter does come to life. Shows sec 2e or something like that. Then goes to all 0000000's.

Then if you unplug the meter entirely, then power on again, the machine comes back to life. With the door open you can play it as normal. But then when you close the door it still resets and is ready to play. However when you put a coin in, as I did, you then get alarm 61. Cash In Meter fault, obvioulsy because it hasn't got its meter!

Do we think the meter is bust? Seems a bit of a coincidence. Having taken out the coin slot that this problem materialises. At least when I put my pound in, it accepted it first time. Now the sodding cash in messaged is locked!
P.A.M. SERVICES

meter alarm

Post by P.A.M. SERVICES »

hi, replace the meter is not worth the hassle trying to sort it your self

regards
P.A.M. SERVICES

meter alarm

Post by P.A.M. SERVICES »

hi, replace the meter is not worth the hassle trying to sort it your self

regards
PHOENIXLEISURE

:)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

Agree with P.A.M on this one