Fruity noob needs help!

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Jumbosi

Fruity noob needs help!

Post by Jumbosi »

Evening all,
Just bought my first fruit machine, a gorgeous looking Global Beaver Uncovered and wondered if anyone can help me locate a manual for it please.
I'm normally a pinball and video kinda man but couldn't resist buying this after seeing it!
Thanks
Dave
Jumbosi

Post by Jumbosi »

Wow, what a friendly community this is...
JG

Post by JG »

It's very friendly. Unfortunately all our members write in white ink, apart from me and a few others that is.

First of all, good choice of machine, fun to play on £5 and £25 featuring SFX from Christiano Spiller and ATB if you like your late 90s dance/trance plus some other bits I can't remember now. Is the beast showing any signs of life?

What will help you if you're just after a manual for repairing it is obtaining an EPOCH manual (worth a Google) as that is the hardware the machine uses. If you specifically want Beaver Uncovered Manual it's an EBay job and fingers crossed or maybe one of the nice people over at MPU Mecca (a website for emulating/restoring machines from days gone by) may be able to help you.

If it has been sitting redundant for yonks, a common fault is the battery on the main board leaking and rendering it inoperable. Joking apart there are some technicians who post on here, but their visits can be infrequent.
JG
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Jumbosi wrote:Evening all,
Just bought my first fruit machine, a gorgeous looking Global Beaver Uncovered and wondered if anyone can help me locate a manual for it please.
I'm normally a pinball and video kinda man but couldn't resist buying this after seeing it!
Thanks
Dave
do you have a fault on the machine?
Jumbosi

Post by Jumbosi »

Nope machine is working great, took me awhile to figure it all out....only thing I need to know now is to find out to enter Test mode and how to set time and date...
thanks for your help :)
Jumbosi

Post by Jumbosi »

Didn't mean to sound ratty, It was a long day when I returned home with it!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

toi get into test mode

open doors (make sure switches aren't taped up and ypou have the "doors open" message on alpha display)
there are two big buttons one is red and one green in top of machine, one is for test and one hopper top up.

if you look on the processor board, (the one with the program chips in) you will find a very small button, look carefully its not easy to find lol

you need to hold that button down and press the test button at the same time...

the option for setting the time is one of the tests.. :)

infact now i think about it, does it not prompt you to set the time when you open a door?
Jumbosi

Post by Jumbosi »

No prompt, do I have to open the big door at the bottom and lift the "bonnet" up and then press the buttons?
Jumbosi

Post by Jumbosi »

Sorted it...thanks buzzer your a gent!