Indy Cars

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
ADS

Indy Cars

Post by ADS »

Hi,

I've now bought this machine - Indy Cars by BWB...... MPU4.

It's working fine except for two problems.

The LCD/LED display is not working at all - so no messages or credits display or banked winnings display.

The second problem is that it only pays out in pound coins - all other coins drop to the bottom when inserted. This means that if you win £1.60 it pays out £2.00 and so on.

Anyone any ideas on solving these issues.

Thanks.
marty200868

Post by marty200868 »

first prob if it worked before check all wires they might of come out
second it might only pay out in £1 coins so if you win £1.60 it will give you 40p bonus making it £2
reelman

Post by reelman »

As Marty says, it may be giving a 40p bonus, abd if your LED was working, it would probably tell you on this that you had been given a bonus. Usually, there's a script on the glasswork, telling you that all wins will be rounded up to the nearest pound. Finally, you never said if this was a hopper payout system, or tubes. If hopper, I presume there is just the one hopper, which would again suggest all is as it should be, as you should never get a mix of coins (£1 & 20p) in a single hoppper. If it is tubed, how many tubes do you have, and are they all the same colour ~ usually yellow for £1 and brown for 20p. Again, if you only have the one size of tube, then all is as it should be.
ADS

Post by ADS »

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Ive checked the cable connections for the display and they seem fine.
I think I'll have to get hold of another display and try a swap.

Reelman, its a single hopper payout, so your probably right.
Once I get the display working I'll know more - I'll also switch it back to 'banked' winnings then, instead of real time.

Thanks again.