Note mech error 15 solution.

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
dfdragonfly

Note mech error 15 solution.

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi, I know alot people will already know this but for some it may be an easy fix a frustrating error.

When fitting a note acceptor to your machine. If you entered the BNV Key and it shows key is stored and accepted then you reboot your machine works in test mode but then when you try boot it with cabinet shut to normal play and get "Note Mech Error 15" it is more then likely your hopper does not have enough money in it. You need atleast £100+ Pounds in it and the error should go away and work fine. Provided that dil switch 13 on scorpion 4/5 is on sometimes may need 11 & 13 in some cases. then the money issue could be your simple fix.

lol I could of type that better i know. but hopefully it easy enough to understand.
Maybe later i will writ u the install process if its wanted.
marty200868

Post by marty200868 »

you can try the top up hopper switch so it thinks its full the close the machine and see if that works
reelman

Post by reelman »

It's nothing to do with whether or not there's sufficient coins in the hopper. Think about it ~ what happens in your local arcade when the level drops i.e someone has recently had a big win, or a string of smaller wins? Answer ~ the note accepor turns off, and is simply not available. It certainly doesn't sound alarms.
Sounds to me like you've got a non compatible hopper.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Hi, When i put sufficent coins in it worked fine. only problem i am having with the machine is when the hopper is full £250 the pounds still go in hopper and not divert down to tray..?
marty200868

Post by marty200868 »

when you put a note acceptor in the hopper float goes up
if you empty the hopper by the button it should tell you how many your missing
if it only takes £250 then you will need to tell the machine that the hopper is full
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

Its automaticlly goes up to £250 and shows 0 missing, but still ends up in the hopper.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

dfdragonfly wrote:Its automaticlly goes up to £250 and shows 0 missing, but still ends up in the hopper.
either wrong mech or mech incorrectly set up.

what coinmech is in the machine?
is it a c-c talk, seriel machine?

how many connections do you have going to the mech?
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

All is working fine now, i stupidly forgot to connect separator lol.. cowboy mistake. thanks to all. And reel man is correct. when have insufficent funds in hopper it will switch to coins only. the error 15 communication issue.