Fitting a note acceptor

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
admin

Fitting a note acceptor

Post by admin »

Hi,

Im just about to collect a Club Phsyco Cash Beast. Im after a note acceptor for it, do I need a special type? Ive been looking on ebay and can probably get one for about £30.

Is there a special type I need? Ive found Astro System, Nv7, Nv8 so far - are these compatible?

Cheers!
admin

Post by admin »

Ive done a bit of googling and found that the NV8 should do the trick with the right bios fitted, but I will also need the wiring loom and fixing kit.

Can ony of the techies who visit here supply me with any of that kit?
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

admin wrote:Been quoted £100 from an ebay seller for all the kit I need, anyone here do it cheaper?
try aut123 dont know for sure if he can but worth a shot :wink:

£100 is a bit pricy imo
admin

Post by admin »

Found this on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Astro-Systems-Fru ... dZViewItem

Looks like it would do the job, but I cant see where it would plug in? Ive read that they fit to the AUX port of the mpu5, but the connnector on this unit doesnt look right?

Another little problem might be that the Club PCB I have might not even support a note acceptor?

Any help appreciated :D
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Yes that one should work, it does not take a note acceptor but it should use it as a changer, that is a changer unit. I had one fitted to a Golden Dragon and it worked as a changer.

Could you post a pic of the unit, it should fit (with the actual MPU program card blue colour part with the stake/prize % chips facing down) it goes in the top right corner second plug down on the board.
chimpton

Post by chimpton »

just to let you know, i bought that unit and fitted it into a Barcrest red hot knights with no probs. went straight into the aux port and it has one terminal blocked off so it only goes in 1 way.