Reel error 23 HELP !

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Fruity

Reel error 23 HELP !

Post by Fruity »

I was playing my fruit machine today Bobby Dazzler when all of a sudden err 23 reel 3 popped up, when i freely spin reels 1 & 2 they spin freely, but reel 3 has some resistence and can feel each spin.

Anyone know what this could be ?

Thanks
reelman

Post by reelman »

Failing anything obvious like a physical obstruction to the reel, then I'd suggest it's simply bugg**ed.
Try swapping the reels around ~ if the fault follows the reel, then the problem is definately with the reel and it will need to be replaced.
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

Buggered?
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

Swapped it with reel then the error is reel 2, also noticed the reel is out of line is there a way to put back in line ?
reelman

Post by reelman »

It is possible to slacken the reel off a bit, and move it round, but if it's more than say a few mm, then I would suggest your problem is something else.
Given the other problem, and assuming that the opto sensor is clean and not faulty, and that the sensor paddle has not broken off, then I suspect the motor has given up the ghost.
If you provide me with full details of your reel, and make of your machine, and perhaps a photo sent via pm, then I might be able to sort out a replacement for you.