Maygay/Impulse "Hog Money" Coins not credited

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
fat.tony

Maygay/Impulse "Hog Money" Coins not credited

Post by fat.tony »

I've tried inserting different coins into the coin-mech as normal (worked fine before) all the coins seem to be channeling to the correct places (bottom tray, hopper etc) but the machine doesn't credit them nor does the coin counter meter thing (CASH IN/CASH OUT) click to say it's accepted. Obviously the game doesn't start play as it doesn't know coins have been counted. Any ideas??

I've tried and tested the machine in test mode and everything seems to be working fine other than Reel 1 seems to vibrate now and again when idle, but this has always happened since I've had the machine.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm stumped!!

thanks!
reelman

Post by reelman »

Could you somehow have it in test mode or something silly like that?
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

It could be that the mech has lost it's memory, most mechs have a program setting on them to re-program them, or you could get hold of another mech of the same type and try that. I've got a impulse fruity that the 1st reel vibrates in idle mode, that's just the way they are lol. :|
insert 20p to play
fat.tony

Post by fat.tony »

Ive played it in test mode just to double check the rest of the machines functionality as the PSU -12V rail failed but i managed to repair it. If the coin mech has lost its memory then shouldnt it fail to detect any coin thats inserted?. What concerns me is the fact the coin mech operates as you would expect but its like the mainboard doesnt pick it up. I have had random percentage key errors (4.2??) But they clear by opening the serv door.
Im thinking the prize/steak psu? But do they often fail?
Thank you for the replies!
stewy

Post by stewy »

Could be a routing plug issue but as to why the mech registers coins in test and not in play I'm not too sure. Definitely swap it with another mech of the same type to see if the problem still exists.
Hey, check it out. Hey, check it out.