How to

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
chandbury

How to

Post by chandbury »

I am not overly familiar with refill and empty procedures.

What i need to do is empty the contents and then re-set the counter? to zero so i can then put the money back in and the machine knows the true amount etc.

(Also if anybody can explain how the whole money counts work i.e the hopper, the float :? )

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks again.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

open the bottom door, where your coin containers are and press the switch with your refil key in and turned (once machine has gone to its ready to use state) then press start or cancel to make the hopper empty the coins it thinks it has which should then reset the hopper to £0 and then allow you to put coins in as normal.

The hopper has an amount set (can be changed by user) normally £125 so once the hopper has reached this limit £1 coins will start to drop to the bottom containers. When the hopper is not full every pound that goes in will go direct to the hopper rather then the bottom until the hopper is full again.
chandbury

Post by chandbury »

Thanks for the reply.

When I empty the hopper the mechanism still makes a sound trying to empty and
Then says short buy x amount. I don't think the machine is being reset to zero - unless I'm
missing something really easy.

Also when I dump the hopper and try to refill say the 20p's itasks for 20x 46 say and then
will not accept anymore, and the rest drop to the bottom.

Hope that makes sense.
dfdragonfly

Post by dfdragonfly »

The hopper only takes £1 coins, also your machine seems to read backwards so it should say short £125 when the hopper is empty also you may need to empty a couple times if it don't empty first time!
stewy

Post by stewy »

Firstly, you will need to dump the (£) hopper by using the usual method of refil key, dump switch etc.

Secondly, re-float the machine with your £ float, then once you have done this, hit the hopper top up switch.

The m/c now knows how much is in the machine.

This is assuming that the m/c you are using has only a £ coin hopper. If it also has an additional hopper, the same method also needs to be carried out for that hopper.