MUX ENB TR FAIL Help Please

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Gavns

MUX ENB TR FAIL Help Please

Post by Gavns »

Hi here

I am completly new to the world of Fruit machines have recently brought a Barcrest Austin Powers machine. Played fine for a day or so then Alarm went off when i opened the Top half of the machine the Code Alarm 31 - 57 with the other code as in the help title.

Tried turning the machine on and off but its froze and I can't do anything and was hoping for help. :(

Any other info just let me know and I will try my best.
lee

Post by lee »

multiplex enable transistor fail,looks like a lamp transistor has failed on your lamp board or your MPU
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

just scouring the internet for help, so just fuck off, this will be your 1 and only post. 2-3 at a push!!!
Gavns

Post by Gavns »

Thanks Lee, Really am looking forward to getting under the lid of this one so i can learn how they tick, So could you give me a step by step guide on how to sort this problem out :lol:

While I was looking for a cure I did come across this Code site for MUP5

http://amusementarcade.info/manuals/MPU ... mCodes.pdf

Which was as clear as mud to me so once again any help (Thanks Ben more info less guessing on what i will do this is post 2 ) would be appreciated
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

i know exactly what is up with your machine, however. i get sick of helping people. they dont even come back and say thankyou. i mean lets be straight here, how old is this machine????? exactly..... its hardly rocket science.... and im hardly a pillar of the community either, you just join, and instantly wanting summat for nowt, and your clever shitty comments has got you nothing.

the daft and really shitty thing is, your machine could be fixed within 5 mins
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

that code points to the mux5/5e board.not the mpu try reseating cables if u need a new mux board just give a shout they are clearly marked which version
Gavns

Post by Gavns »

PSX thanks for the reply, I am a real noob at this sort of thing but i build PC's so it can't be that different (can it??) I will try as you suggested and let you know what I have found and what I am still scratching my head about.

Ben While I understand your views and accept them , I find it a little hard that you skim the Topics just to give ppl who are new to this world a hard time even if they want to learn have you offered advice no have you given me any reason to say thank you to you NO so why bother anwsering hope you never need to ask me PC advice on another forum :o ) but then again I would help because we all need help at something what else are Forums for?? How do i learn if I Dont ask. If you have some suggestions I will listen and try Why?? Because you must have the skills which I wish to learn.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

fair comment. im ok with pc's. have you fixed it??
Gavns

Post by Gavns »

PSX / Ben

I have tried to unseat all cables checked the pins to make sure none are bent or damaged (as happens with PC cables) but still have the same code what I maybe should have mentioned was that on the Board at the back of the machine (which I hope is the right one) I have 4 solid green lights from left to right then I have a light that flashes Green 7 times then Red 5 times (Yes i Counted) and the final Light does not even light up.

The board directly behind the reels has 2 lights the first from the left is a solid (if dim) Green and the right hand one is always flashing green.

And as a really nooby question what are each of these boards called :o ops:

Once again any help is appreciated.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

the boards you are on about, are different "driver boards" for example, your lights will have a board, and so on.

anyway your fault is a capictor in the psu (power supply unit) these are replaceable, possibly from maplins. 47uf capactior and 35amp bridge rectifier

what its doing is allowing more than 34volts through and will have blown a fuse down at the psu. the best option is to replace the psu. unless you feel confident enough to replace the cap. thus has a knock on effect that it isnt getting the 34volts upto your main mpu5 board, and the 34v led light wont be on.

if it was me, id just replace the psu, and when replacing fuses or checking them make sure you get "slow blow fuses" << and no thats not a piss take.

make sure also that you replace it with the same coloured psu, it will probably have a green/ orange sticker on it
Gavns

Post by Gavns »

Hey Ben

Thanks for the info I will get on to this, PSU's where is the best place for these? I did get some fuses with the Machine could it be just as simple (I say this with a Laugh) as to open up the PSU box and plug in a new fuse or would that just be a noob response. Was hoping to have it up and running for Xmas (all my family are gamblers) :roll:
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

you could possibly get away with it for a short time but i doubt it. and ebay can be a good place for spares, and iv no doubt there will be some on, but u could be buying the same trouble.

stemik gaming sell spares based in stoke. they do a postal service aswell, and parts are guaranteed.
Gavns

Post by Gavns »

Thank you Ben,

I will give it a go when the shops open after Xmas.

Have a very Merry Christmas to all those that have helped me in my new hobby I think I will be on this forum a lot more :lol: :wink:
Gavns

Post by Gavns »

I have managed to borrow a PSU from a Friend who has a Barcrest Machine as well, have changed all the Fuses to Slow Blow fuses to the right amp apart from the old PSU as it was a 6.3 Amp or something plus had the other one to play with, the same error is showing any other suggestions please also i have noticed a Status (red) Light has started up on one of the circuit boards on the MUX5 board have i put the wrong fuse in??

Any help would be appreciate.
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

your first post said Code Alarm 31 - 57 which is a mux board error
the status lights" flashes Green 7 times then Red 5 times" barcrest alarms work from the red so again the code is 57 MUX ENB TR FAIL

can u borrow the mux board form ut m8s m/c?? confirm they are the same boards one is labelled mux 5 the other is mux5/e if not let me know which one you need