Mazooma Monopoly Linked Machines

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
chrisbaildon

Mazooma Monopoly Linked Machines

Post by chrisbaildon »

Hi there, I am hoping someone can help and give me some guidance on a problem that i have with two of these games that I had delivered yesterday.
They were an ebay purchase and the guy delivered them yesterday. They are two of the sit down type machines that link together and connect to a PC which then connects to a TV for when you get a feature game. Both machines were bought as fully working & i saw videos of them on youtube working, the guy also checked them before setting off on a 4.5 hour journey to deliver them to make sure they were working (and tells me they were).

Anyway you guessed it when they got here there is a problem with one of them. They both link together and connect successfully to the PC and the TV. However one of them has a problem with the left hand reel which appears to be sticking and not rotating properly. The game fires up OK but this reel will just not spin properly, it jutters and does not spin properly during playing it. It is not catching on anything and I have removed the reel completely and swapped it with the reel on the other machine and then this reel which I was having problems with works fine in the other machine and the good reel then has the same problem in the machine that is having the problems, which makes me think it is the machine rather than the reel. Also if I boot them both up and leave them 5 minutes without playing either machine the faulty machine then starts making a really loud buzzing noise, which when I lift the lid up is coming from this left reel and it gets very very hot, as if it is sticking, but I am not even playing it.

Can anyone help in telling me what this might be causing this problem & how I could try fix it please?

Chris
lee

Post by lee »

have tou looked at the pins in the connector,one of them might be pushed out slightly,if not it could be on the mpu,what machine /technology is it?
chrisbaildon

Post by chrisbaildon »

Hi Lee - Thanks for your reply. I don't think it is the pins as I have taken out the connector that that has the pins on and swapped it with the same connector on the good machine. I am not sure what technology it is although on the inside of the machine is a sticker that says Scorpion 5 as the main board.

Anything else I could check for?
Reel King

Post by Reel King »

try cleaning the reel optic

make sure there are no obstuctions in the cabinet
(is it sticking on the door, when it's closed)
try playing with the door switch pulled out or disconnected

check to make sure the pins on the loom (inside the cabinet, not the reel) where it plugs in, havn't come loose

do you have a constant 24v from PSU to MPU and MPU to reel base