Astra Reel King Issue

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
bingochat

Astra Reel King Issue

Post by bingochat »

Has anyone had or does anyone know how to sort this error

When i switch on Astra Reel King £500 jackpot slot machine, it starts to load up fine, then it hits "Meters inilitizing" loads up.. then says "Acceptors inilitizing" - And it stops with that screen up, doesnt budge after that ! :(
bennytheclam

Post by bennytheclam »

Have you tried disconnecting the note reader and then booting up the machine , if that makes no difference , then disconnecting the coin mech then booting it up , one of them may be faulty.
Reel King

Post by Reel King »

you machine isn't picking up either the note accepter hopper or coin mech, it could be a case of loose wiring or even something as simple as a jam in one of them.

had a king pots recently wouldn't go past initialising hoppers, when setting up. after switching both hoppers, checking all wiring from hopper trays to MPU, i rang astra, turns out it was a mech fault.
bingochat

Post by bingochat »

I tried to check all wires, everythingi think looks ok -

I didnt have a purple dongle, so benny has helped me out there, also i bought another coin mech incase that was broken -

When i switch the machine on, it comes up "Install new hardware" - It does not install automatically, so i need to download the files and install them that way with a usb drive

Once i have done that, the red light then appears on the dongle -

But it still wont go past "Acceptors initializing" Screen - If i switch the meachine off and on again, i then need to repeat the proccess above and install the drivers again :-(
Reel King

Post by Reel King »

only thing i can suggest if you sure the note acceptor/mech/hopper are all ok, (have you tried them in another machine?)

and the wiring is all ok from acceptor to MPU

and the Sanken PSU has all it's voltages (could be no 24v which would effect the hopper or 12v which runs both the mech and note acceptor)

possibly CCTALK..? or whatever astras verion of cctalk is. Have you replaced the mech or NV7/9 recently? had a double action slotto with a similar fault

if none of the above the only thing i can suggest is a new IO3 board (main MPU)
remember to change jumper clips when changing IO3

if that doesn't work i think your looking at a new firefly. around £230 on advance replacement from Astra
Reel King

Post by Reel King »

i'd phone astra tech support to double check tho if i was you
bingochat

Post by bingochat »

Hi,

Thank you for all your help, at the moment benny is sending me a cctalk to try this - also bought another pc unit to see if this helps

I did try call astra, but they dont seem to be interested at all, all i can get from them is " It could be something to do with the coin mech " - but wont assist further, even though im willing to pay for whatever i need - (im not a buisness, so they wont deal with me :( )

I will let you know if the pc/board works though :)
Reel King

Post by Reel King »

you don't need to be. just pretend you are, when you phone up just introduce yourself, as someone from an amusements or bingo hall, they have no way of knowing..
bingochat

Post by bingochat »

lmao - thats a pretty good idea ha - I was being too honest hehe

The machine is now working whooo hoooo - its a little embarresing, people kept saying pull plugs out, check the wires etc etc - I did honestly do all this, then my brother gave it a shot , and it kicked in to gear lol -

For the £35 jackpot one though, it wont collect any money :( - But to be honest, im just glad it all works ha, been playing it non stop! :D Even won the £500 too lol -

Ty for helping though, and big thanks to benny for putting up with me ! & dr from other site :D