Faulty Homers meltdown fruit machine

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Davez101

Faulty Homers meltdown fruit machine

Post by Davez101 »

I have recently bought a fruit machine by mayday called homers meltdown off ebay for 16 quid because it was faulty, the problem is that it turns on but only the top half works, the reels try to spin and as you press more and more buttons more lights come on and it looks like its trying to work but cant, ive left it on for hours to see if the battery or something like that charges but nothing happens, the curcuit boards inside look okay and everything i just need some technical help, theres is a Red LED display which may be a error or a fault code which reads 'CL' and i have checked with the manuals and i can see anything that says anything about it anywhere i just really need some help in getting it working because i know nothing about these machine, thanks in advance for any help you can give me
-Dave
GES1407

Post by GES1407 »

CL on a fruity usually means cash low, but its usually a bulb that lights up the CL decal, maybe your machine has it on the led display? if the reels are trying to turn it sounds like mine, but mine has a power problem on the board, it doesnt keep the charge in the capacitor, so i have to turn mine on for 10 mins to let it charge, reels try to move but dont, then after 10 mins then a reset it all kicks into life cos the big capacitor has filled with charge, it also randomly lights up certain parts of the board each time i have to do it, so maybe a capacitor has split or the power supply isnt giving the voltage out properly? if its an eclipse board then the power supply has nothing inside to really check, i'd go for a board fault somewhere