Sold a dud money magic, what can i do?

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
GES1407

Sold a dud money magic, what can i do?

Post by GES1407 »

Hi guys, my first post, I contacted a so-called fruit machine engineer from leicester as my maygay fruit explosion's coin validator didnt accept coins, he offered me a 2006 money magic in part ex for the fruit explosion, so he delivered the machine & took my old one away, me being a bit too trusting & naive listened to him when he sadi leave it for half hour til you turn it on cos i just fitted a new battery & had to let the flux go hard, so i did & he drove away, when i came to turn it on nothing, went through the phone calls back to him & eventually he blanked me & turned his phone off, So i had a look in the machine, on opening i could smell smouldering like some part had gone, its an eclipse board & below the big black capacitor a small little black cap had split in two, & to the right of that there seems to be a little black fuse blown to nothing, also on testing the power supply in the machine it seems thats dead too, so seems like i have bought a box of dead parts!

So is this machine worth anything? i been quoted £30 to fix the board & £20 to fix the power suppply by maggi maggi, but will need the money magic game file to send them to flash after repair, so questions are does anyone have this file they could send me & is the machine worth the repair costs?

Thanks Guys.
Gary.
Attachments
photo038_131.jpg
photo038_131.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 167 times
lee

Post by lee »

Hi,I was a technician at Maggi-Maggi and I used to repair these boards for them,Its right what they say about having to flash you program on,because they soak test them on a money laundry machine and they have to flash that software on first so that the machine can check its lamps and payouts etc,and when you get your board back it needs to have your machine software on,£30 for an eclipse board repair is a good price as they used to be about £60,and as for your Power supply I would check it first as there is only a transformer in them and they hardly go down,but where the black mains lead goes in there is a fuse and I would check that.the software you might have to phone Crown leisure but you will have to supply a flash card and maybe pay up front
GES1407

Post by GES1407 »

Thanks, i checked the fuse & it was toast lol, so changed it & power supply now working, found the components on the board that need changing theres a zener diode (TZ1 on the board) & DP8 which is a small rectagle black chip with 3 legs i think it says A41 on it, the zener has got 1.5KE on the side, does anyone know where i could get these parts & a circuit diagram? hopefully if i can do it myself the game may still be on the memory, unless i just got a box of broken parts & the game is from a different machine, also gotta hope once i get the board up & running that the other parts work too, like the reels, coin validator etc, i got ripped off & left with junk, so all i can do now is to try & repair it so we can have a working machine back, is there an engineer in the birmingham area that would take this job on?
GES1407

Post by GES1407 »

also does anyone know what voltages should be coming from the psu? i measured across the first 2 of the 6 pin connector & got 18v i think, then twenty something on the next 2 down then around 18 again on the bottom 2, trying to find out why the board went, so maybe a voltage problem from the transformer took the parts out?
lee

Post by lee »

you won't be able to get a circuit diagram,we tried for about 18 months but the manufacturer wouldn't release them and we were a repair company,some of the parts you might get from Farnells or RS etc,the main problems with the eclipse system is that the power supply doesn't have any DC rectification or any board on it,it takes AC straight to the board and this is the 12v circuit that is blown,also the red lead from the power supply is not keyed and some people don't plug it in right,and they blow the board and that could be what has happened to you,also if you trace the components on the board you will probably find there are more damaged ones that you can see,hope this helps.
GES1407

Post by GES1407 »

thanks lee, do you think that maggi maggi would just send me the parts i need so i can do it myself & not lose the game from the flash? im having a hard time obtaining the game file from anybody so am in a catch 22 situation, i can get it fixed & tested but have no game after, or if i can get hold of the parts labelled TZ1 & DP8 then i could do it myself & hopefully save the game data, if the board is from this machine & not just a bad board dumped in it to look like the real thing, the power supply as i said was just a blown fuse, but makes me wonder what blew the fuse & the parts on the mpu board that seem to control the power side, would anyone know the part numbers of the parts i need so i can source them from rs etc?
GES1407

Post by GES1407 »

hi guys, just out of curiousity now the transformer works i'd connect the board up to see, anyway after a few mins ERR came up on the display, then the alarm went off, so i turned it off then back on & it all fired up working no probs?! so how does this board still work with a zener diode not presetn & whatever DP8 is? nice to see it working but i still think these parts should be replaced, even if they dont appear to do anything

Post by 6502 »

GES1407 wrote:also does anyone know what voltages should be coming from the psu? i measured across the first 2 of the 6 pin connector & got 18v i think, then twenty something on the next 2 down then around 18 again on the bottom 2, trying to find out why the board went, so maybe a voltage problem from the transformer took the parts out?
All the voltages on that plug are AC (the red 6 pin one)

cant remember exactly what they are now but something like the following

Code: Select all

pin1 - 36vac tap1,   
pin2 - 18vac tap1,  
pin3 - 0v return tap 1
pin4 - 0v return tap 2
pin5 - 18vac tap 2,  
pin6 - 36vac tap 2 
So to check measure form you have to measure on ac....
pin 3 to 1 = 36v
pin 3 to 2 = 18v (as mentioned this is the one I'm not to sure about)
pin 4 to 5 = 18v (but if both these are the same then it should be ok)
pin 4 to 6 = 36v

And there is not a lot to go wrong in the psu box as it only contains a transformer, all the regulation in on the mpu - and it the reg part that's blown by the looks of your photo

Hope this helps....
GES1407

Post by GES1407 »

Thanks! will get on to it & check out the voltages measuring the pins you suggested, would love to know what took them parts out, maybe someone put the ac connection on 1 pin too far across as suggested before, thanks again everyone, wouldnt of known a thing if it werent for your knowledge