Often wanted to know, but always too sober to ask

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Cardinal Sin

Often wanted to know, but always too sober to ask

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Where does everyone on here get their names from?

Obviously, some folk just use a derivation of their names, like the 1,051 registered Matthews. But there are some folk out there who have quite convoluted names, and I want to know why dammit. Darcle, TheHut, Toothless, Spyder, Mashman, Ernest W Quality, Vajinal Bob, UP, Matt Vinyl, Watergate, Demmerz, Dibble, Mr Cheese, Fader, Dunhamzzz, Ssgtnelly, King Conspiracy, TKA, Drop the lot, Firefox.... etc. ... (apologies to anyone I've forgotton).

To start the ball rolling, I called myself Cardinal Richelieu cos my name is Rich and I liked the Dogtanian cartoons. And I kid myself that I can speak French.

Hope I haven't shattered the illusions of anybody who thought they might be hobnobbing with a member of the French aristocracy!

Post by Guest »

Vajinal Bob was Ernest W Quality's creation; no idea what 'inspired' him to come up with it. I think Ernest W Quality was a product of a silly name generator program that Ernest had written.
Demmerz

Post by Demmerz »

Dememrz is just a long-standing nickname of mine, from ages ago in my school years. A car crash of an attempt to informalise my surname but, nevertheless, it has stuck.
Still kicking about.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Gone.But not forgotton 16th Aug 2006..............
mjd

Post by mjd »

MJD is my initials
boom
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

JustAnotherClone - What most fruit machines out nowadays are :lol:
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

my intials are D.R hence the name.
darcle

Post by darcle »

Its the first 3 letters of my christian name and first 3 letters of my surname. IT dept at my old company gave me it as a username and i just seem to use it loads now. Even tried to get them to use it as my username at my new companybut they wouldnt have it.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

not quite sure why i chose my unk... maybe from my days as a player when i thought too many of the same name on leaderboards would alert the authorities. on spelvin i used to be cilla black, terry nutkins, david icke etc. i have a pretty unexciting name, i'd like to be called Felix or Rudolph.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

darcle wrote:Its the first 3 letters of my christian name and first 3 letters of my surname. IT dept at my old company gave me it as a username and i just seem to use it loads now. Even tried to get them to use it as my username at my new companybut they wouldnt have it.
Darren Clements?
darcle

Post by darcle »

Close. Got the christian name right, the surnames wrong. Its one of henry VIII's wives but spealt differently.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

cleaves then
nobody ever wins on those things.
darcle

Post by darcle »

correct
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Matt Vinyl - This was arrived at via an old friend of mine at my previous job (5-6 years back). He was a spitting image of Billy Connoly, and was always pissed and smoking roll-ups. Anyway, I write / compose / produce music in my studio when I've some spare time (as well as trying to make ItBox games!), and played a few tracks to this guy...

..."eeehhh, DeeeJay Matt Vinyl in da placeeee!"

...Yep, he was shedded again, but the name has since stuck!

I've always thought it sounds like two tins of paint, but hey!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I arrived at Nixxy via someone elses' inability to remember my actual name (Neil).

I'm a shop manager and we take on lots of temporary staff every Christmas, and as a result loads of new names to remember. One girl in particular was only with us for 6 weeks but every day she would scratch her head trying to remember the names of her colleagues.

Having called me Nigel, Nicholas, Niall, Nick, Nicky she eventually spluttered a right mess of a name out that was something like Nicksy. It was comical stuff at the time so I jokingly tried to set up an email account with the name Nicksy@.... blah blah - the name was already taken so I adjusted it to Nixxy.

Most people still just settle for 'OI' as usual though :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy