Do you smoke?

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..

Do you smoke?

'socially' e.g. when drinking
7%
No
47%
Yes
47%

Total votes: 30

Thumper

Do you smoke?

Post by Thumper »

Just wondering how many people on here smoke. If like me, you spent much of your miss-spent youth in arcades and later in pubs, i would think there would be far more smokers than not. Also do you support a ban in public places?
Fader

Post by Fader »

No, dont smoke

and yes, i support the ban!! I think it's a disgusting habit to have :evil:
Chance favours the prepared mind!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Fader wrote:No, dont smoke

and yes, i support the ban!! I think it's a disgusting habit to have :evil:
same.
drop the lot

Post by drop the lot »

been stopped for about 5 years,,,, disgusting habit and very pricey!! :D
I love it when a plan comes together
J_C1987

Post by J_C1987 »

dont personally smoke, but one or two of my mates smoke A LOT :roll:

With that said, i aint too bothered about the ban as it dont make much of a difference for myself personally
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Never tried a cig, never plan to either. Nothing worse than going out, then coming home stinking of stale smoke, smoky hair and (if i'm out til the small hours) having a hell of a sore throat sometimes.

100% ban for me in my head, but my heart says we need smokers. If the government didn't rake in all that tax from cigarettes, other taxes would rise too etc..

Just a public place ban will do me fine :D

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
random stop

Post by random stop »

same here ,. never tried one and never will , cant stand them , puts me right off women as well ,seeing them smoke. never had a girlfriend that smoked and the missus doesnt either
tka

Post by tka »

I smoke heavily and it makes me cool.
But seriously... It is a bad habit but I don't think it is disgusting. Like every other smoker I wish I'd never started but I did so I do.
On another serious note, I am also a gambler. Alcohol and fags can kill you but they can't destroy you as quickly as gambling irresponsibly can.

Not saying any of the three are good though.
No wonder I drink!
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

oh well looks like i'll have to be the boat rocker

I smoke and personally have no intention of quitting anytime soon, i have thought about quitting, health reasons, social reasons etc. But personally i like to smoke!

As for the ban in public places, sorry no i dont support it, i'd agree to public houses being made majority non smoking if it kept people reasonably happy. Good ventilation in a bar will also help reduce the smoke floating around to other people.

Nice honest answer there i think :D
tka

Post by tka »

It's the EU making everyone's life a misery yet again.
You can silence any minority if you put it to a multinational vote of yes men.

We supposedly live in a democracy but Brussels tells us what we can and can't do. That silly little Blair man messed everything up when he got into number 10 and sucked Europe's cock. Obviously just my opinion but this time I am definately right.
No wonder I drink!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It's a touchy subject tka :?

I could easily say i don't want to go out and inhale peoples smoke and give myself lung cancer through passive smoking. Swings and roundabouts, and personally i think Dublin/NY have got it spot on.

Matt
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

i wouldnt say its spot on at all, smokers are discriminated against for and addiction thats legal and heavily taxed by the government.

Pushing people outside aint really gonna help us to quit, we're still gonna smoke, we're just gonna fill up all the doorways to the bars.

Having a designated smoking section as opposed to a designated NON smoking section will help a lot more.

A simple extraction unit or small alteration to already installed ventalation within the building will draw the smoke away to be filtered or expelled outside
Fader

Post by Fader »

Having a designated smoking section as opposed to a designated NON smoking section will help a lot more.
Ive always wondered why that is myself, i mean in my work-place theres a boxed glassed room where people can smoke. I think thats abit better then having the difference from "Smoking" and "No smoking" areas is just a peice of bent cardboard saying - "please no smoking"

also, in that room it has a lovely amount of stubbed fag ends on the floor, and a lovely "creamy yellow" coloured ceiling and matching side wall :lol:

Fader
Chance favours the prepared mind!
tka

Post by tka »

Sorry if that was a bit militant but I do believe that GB was better before Europe got involved. Smoking bans is just a tiny part of it taking personal identity away from people. If I wanted to be a clone of every other person in the country I'd move to China and they all smoke there.
No wonder I drink!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

The smoking/non smoking sections are a good idea if the place in question can do it properly. If the pub is all one level it's no good, the smoke just drifts round the pub instead.

There's a pub in York called Lendalls that has it quite good. The top bar is smoking, whereas the cellar drinking area down about 5 stairs is non smoking. Smoke rises obviously, so it doesn't get down there. Much more enjoyable :D

Matt