petrol prices

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Scott

petrol prices

Post by Scott »

My local garage has steadily gone up in price in the last few weeks, 109.9 a litre the board said friday morning, went too fill up this morning and its up to 112.9, obviously i've got to pay it because i need my car, but its getting higher by the day. and diesel is even worse, god knows how high the London prices are? when is it gonna stop rising?
Cobwebs 👆
aaamusements.co.uk

Re: petrol prices

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Extreme Eddie wrote:My local garage has steadily gone up in price in the last few weeks, 109.9 a litre the board said friday morning, went too fill up this morning and its up to 112.9, obviously i've got to pay it because i need my car, but its getting higher by the day. and diesel is even worse, god knows how high the London prices are? when is it gonna stop rising?
There is no sign that it is going to.
I heard on the radio that it could go up another 5p by the weekend!
Eventually something will have to happen or the country will grind to a halt...

And lets not forget that the government has another 2p duty increase already planned for the autumn... :x
Scott

Post by Scott »

so basically they've got you buy the b*llocks if you need your car, there was a big fuss last time the prices rose and people were panick buying and there was talk of the pumps being barricaded off by angry lorry drivers, i've not really seen anyone bothered this time, unless it been on the news and i've missed it? something needs doing, its taking the piss :x :x :x
Cobwebs 👆
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im afraid those decisions are out of our hands, so the only way to combat it is to all buy small engine cars or diesel, im in a peugeot 107, 1.0 litre, its small and nippy for getting in and out pub carparks, and as long as i dont floor it, and keep to the speed limit i can travel from leicester to london and back (200miles) for£20. and before that i had a 2seater smart car, sure i looked a twat but the fuel economy is what its about.

the flash twats among us can keep ya 3litre guzzlers, sure you might pass me like im standing still but when you do this for a living everyday full time you gotta think about those profit margins.
Little discipline = BIG issue

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

All about oil prices i'm afraid mate. They've gone up from $55 a barrel in January 07 (85p a litre) to record prices of $127 a barrel (£1.12 a litre, near £1.30 for diesel) at the current time. Analysts reckon prices could even get up to $200 a barrel later in the year, which would probably mean prices around £1.50 a litre.

All driven by the stupidly weak dollar, crumbling US economy, global credit crunch, China & India guzzling billions of litres to develop their economies and security crises in Nigeria/Iran etc. Plus OPEC won't pump any more. I follow this news all the time as it affects me greatly as i rack up a lot of mileage. The 30p per litre increase in 18 months means i spend like an extra £400 a year on petrol. Shocking. :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
geoff365

Post by geoff365 »

Wind farms with electric cars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid ... 93&bbcws=1

They now have a fleet. So it would work.

Arab nations are taking the piss.
ob

Post by ob »

trayhop123 wrote:im afraid those decisions are out of our hands, so the only way to combat it is to all buy small engine cars or diesel, im in a peugeot 107, 1.0 litre, its small and nippy for getting in and out pub carparks, and as long as i dont floor it, and keep to the speed limit i can travel from leicester to london and back (200miles) for£20. and before that i had a 2seater smart car, sure i looked a twat but the fuel economy is what its about.

the flash twats among us can keep ya 3litre guzzlers, sure you might pass me like im standing still but when you do this for a living everyday full time you gotta think about those profit margins.
lol damn u penny pinchers, I'd sooner get from leicester to london in 30 minutes + less flooring it and spend another £5-10 in petrol lol. Besides, flooring it is way more fun :P. The 30 minutes might get you another machine in ie. cluedo etc. that is £20-30 profit so you're already up on the deal :)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

lol at ob ,,,,,, nice one m8, made me smile ,,,,,, i think your right in a way, its a double edged sword, :P

darcle

Post by darcle »

I went passed 3 petrol stations just outside croydon yesterday and 1 was 114.9 and 2 were 116.9!!! Its ridiculous but if you have to pay it then theres nothing you can do i guess.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

well I have just gone from a 1.1 peugouet 106 to a 1.6 fiesta Zetec! although the fiesta is almost new (2004) and takes a bit of petrol I well prefer paying and having a good car!

A/C takes the fuel down aswel but keeps me cool driving from pub to pub, its a better drive.

Me 106 was a beast on fuel would just go forever.....but I rather pay. And I got to a cluedo like OB said and got a £105 run before some Cardiff player walked in and thats the gods honest truth!

So in theory a faster car is better
justice For The 96
JG

Post by JG »

Yep, my g/f used to have a 106, it's not bad for the engine size and it's really good on fuel. She's got metal feet, but I drive like Mother Theresa and could get that car to run on fresh air.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

£1.21 a litre minimum for diesel around here. I've got a 2L '01 Peugeot 307 (need it for the fam!)

It is getting ridiculous, and as MattB said, it's looking like it's only going to spiral upward. :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
PMK

Post by PMK »

Yeah well this plum just purchased a 2.5l V6!!! What an idiot!!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

thats all right pmk m8, just buy a tow bar, and tow a petrol tanker behind you, you'll need it :P

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Nice one anfield, zetec engines are the mutts nutts, quick as fuck. Wish i could afford to change my old P reg 1.4 Corsa, but at the moment i've got holidays and money going all over the place so i can't afford it. I've spent £52 on petrol in the last 3 days though! :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"