petrol prices

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

cheers Matt, yeah its a very nice car although I put a fortune in petrol, maybe we should have a players protest at esso :lol:
justice For The 96
rocket

Post by rocket »

Saw a Texaco round here the other day....diesel at 128.9p!! Wouldn't be surprised if it's at 130p by now...absolutely shocking.

Petrol seems to be over the 110p mark everywhere round here now. I started driving 13 months ago in a petrol and it was around 84p back then - it's gone up 30p in a year! Likewise, I got a diesel in december last year - diesel was only just hitting a quid then IIRC and that was only 5 months ago!
PMK

Post by PMK »

Mattb wrote:Nice one anfield, zetec engines are the mutts nutts, quick as fuck. Wish i could afford to change my old P reg 1.4 Corsa, but at the moment i've got holidays and money going all over the place so i can't afford it. I've spent £52 on petrol in the last 3 days though! :x
You're lucky Matt, £52 just about gets me off the forecourt!!
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Shell make 8 million per day.

I am disgusted about paying these prices and I think England should stand up for its self and stop getting robbed.

I think we should go round just putting big bolders from the beach infront of petrol stations so no one can get in or out.
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

HRK,

Nearly everyone knows that its not Shell who control the fuel market, its the British Governent, Shell do not put the hundreds of % tax on fuel, its the government desperate to try and make up for ever spiralling deficits in thier budgets due to wasteful projects such as the dome and military aquisitions that never evolve despite billion pound investments.
admin

Post by admin »

Ive seen on the news today that oil prices have doubled over the last year. But petrol prices have only raised about 10%.. I dont understand how it works?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Well they've certainly gone up more than 10%! It was 95p for Unleaded 12 months ago, now its £1.15. 20p up, so more like 20%.

Firstly you have to think that a barrel of oil holds 42 gallons, which is about 159 litres. Therefore a price increase per barrel is spread per litre and the overall increase per litre isn't as much. Loads of other reasons that my small head can't begin to work out too :wink:
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
geoff365

Post by geoff365 »

6 months ago diesel was 90p a liter.

alot more than 10%

oil was $70 a barrel on average in 2007
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Unfortunately, there isn't much can be done about it. Of course, reducing fuel consumption, sharing lifts, using public transport, getting a SMART car!, working from home (like me!) will all help. But the fact remains that we use an awful lot of something we don't have very much of.

The only real solution would be to invade an oil producing country on some flimsy premise that we want to return democracy or find WMD's.

Oh wait... we've already done this. We're screwed then!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

What about a Smartcar Roadster? Pretty cool looking beach buggy type motor.
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

ma71lda wrote:What about a Smartcar Roadster? Pretty cool looking beach buggy type motor.
I doubt it will ever replace my van for carrying machines though! :)
rocket

Post by rocket »

ma71lda wrote:What about a Smartcar Roadster? Pretty cool looking beach buggy type motor.
I'd love one - I looked into them as I thought they might be pretty cheap insurance - they only have a 600cc engine!!

Nope - for a nineteen year old, £6000 per year to insure!!!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

rocket wrote:
I'd love one - I looked into them as I thought they might be pretty cheap insurance - they only have a 600cc engine!!

:shock:
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

petrol prices seem to be going up quicker than the progressive pots on the the b3s round here. :(
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

rocket wrote:

Ouch. That's mad! :shock:

I could probably insure a Bugatti Veyron for less, even while stating my occupation as "Homicidal crack fiend"...