Ebbsfleet!!!

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Matt Vinyl

Ebbsfleet!!!

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Get in there, my local team! The ground was 2 mins from my Mum 'n' Dads, and they've just won a cup at Wembley... Brilliant stuff!

;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Aye, congratulations Ebbsfleet. I fully expect them to be there or thereabouts next season.

Do you think all 30,000 owners will recieve a £2.50 dividend? :wink:
know-your-role

Post by know-your-role »

Good stuff
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

And on a sad note, Halifax Town have gone bust.
http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Ha ... 4069879.jp
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

The amount of money Premier teams earn for just 'being there', and the money the F.A. pay them for placement at the end of the season yet they let a 100 year old club go bust.

Some would say they are a normal day-to-day business who have brought it upon themselves but the rich clubs get richer and the top clubs get foreign investors and this is going to be all too familiar in the future as we've seen teams go into administration in the last couple of years.

The people of Halifax can take solice from what Aldershot have achieved after insolvency.

Halifax going out of business doesn't bother me one iota, saying that, unlike a few of you guys I support one of the biggest, best supported and most successful clubs in the world. :D
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Who?? Real Madrid
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ma71lda wrote:The amount of money Premier teams earn for just 'being there', and the money the F.A. pay them for placement at the end of the season yet they let a 100 year old club go bust.

Some would say they are a normal day-to-day business who have brought it upon themselves but the rich clubs get richer and the top clubs get foreign investors and this is going to be all too familiar in the future as we've seen teams go into administration in the last couple of years.

The people of Halifax can take solice from what Aldershot have achieved after insolvency.

Halifax going out of business doesn't bother me one iota, saying that, unlike a few of you guys I support one of the biggest, best supported and most successful clubs in the world. :D
Ma71lda, you should note that the Premier League pays the dividend to the clubs in the Premier League, not the Football Association. Hence the disproportion.

Halifax Town going out of business should bother everybody; it is these very clubs that make the top flight what it is today. They have a magnificent heritage; and the loss of a club has a massive effect on the town in which it represents (not just on an economic level). A similar thing happened to Maidstone in '93, and Spennymoor in 2006.

My heart goes out to all those loyal supporters, players and officials at the Shay - I dearly hope you can make an Aldershotesque-style recovery.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Fair enough Nixxy, maybe my final comment was a tad insensitive but everything happens for a reason. Whether its bad financial decisions or poor management, the club not fullfilling supporters expectations, hence low attendences equalling less revenue.

Unfortunately the Football Association can't step in to help out as it would set a presidence for every future club who are about to fold and/or go into administration. Yet, all you ever hear about these days is FA heirachy go on about football at grass roots level (maybe they're FC United fans - who happened to gain promotion again), then you read about this.

Personally, I would much rather have a team such as Halifax Town playing non league football than have Wigan Athletic, a team that makes a mockery of what a 'proper' football club is all about, in the Premiership.
darcle

Post by darcle »

I used to work down there, not a great area but a decent-ish football club for the area.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I'll be at Wembley on Sunday for the biggest game we've had in donkeys years. Playoff final for a place back where we belong, in the football league. 20-25,000 U's fans to cheers us on, come on united!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
fruitypie

Post by fruitypie »

aye i be there to matt. Cant wait.Got tickets behind the goal :P BOUNCE BOUNCE