Wetherspoons food

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
jonnyg323

Wetherspoons food

Post by jonnyg323 »

We all hate them for fruities. You can't go in there and find a single machine which hasnt been emptied by a player an hour before, and there are more noel edmonds faces than there are customers.

The food is good though, or at least i think so. What do you guys think of it? And what do you normally have? For me it's gotta be rump steak - tastes gooooood.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

cant beat the brekie for £2.49 ,,,,, sets me up for the days slotting ahead :lol:
Little discipline = BIG issue

Istenem

Post by Istenem »

there was a hooha about their steak a while ago. some consumer champion (bored housewife) got on her soapbox and moaned for a bit, turns out the steak is not from a recognised cattle breed. it is from zebu which is a good scrabble word but they look like this:

yummy!
nobody ever wins on those things.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yeah i remember seeing this. Spoons and Hungry horse both had a high proportion of steaks which had Zebu DNA in them. As it lives in harsh arid conditions, the meat is tougher, hence the whinging. If you ever get a dodgy steak there, now you know why.

I don't mind the breakfasts, and you can't go wrong with the beer and burger deal for £4.50. Lovely.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

surf and turf with the steak rare and if it aint rare it goes straight back!! usually only eat there when am doing bandits though
justice For The 96
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Aye Beer and a Burger and a redding red cant beat it 8)
ob

Post by ob »

bigv038 wrote:Aye Beer and a Burger and a redding red cant beat it 8)
lol spoons actually have reds in them in this day and age??? (other than SMTM and snakes..) .... corr blimey....
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

does you good to have a proper pub meal from time to time. the lifestyle given to the pro player leans us all to easily in to the arms of the fast food chains, were constantly on the move from pup to pub, and therefore we trap ourselves into kfc n the like because it keeps up with us, we dont often enough take the time to sit, order, wait for and finally eat a proper meal because that whole process takes around an hour, and in the back of our feeble minds we know that hour could be spent doing another 3 machines , sad but true. im as guilty as the next man so we try to combat it by saying we will go without till we get home,,,, but by then usually around 11pm onwards for most of us, were really hungry and have a big meal at exactly the wrong time, before we go to sleep ,, hence the fat :lol:

so best to get in the spoons at 9am (do whatever mc you have in there first obviously ) order the breakie ,,,,,, as you haven't got to be anywhere till 11am so the preasure is off and you can take ya time. then try to take time out around 5 for a subway. easy ..

now where's that takeaway menu? :lol:
Little discipline = BIG issue

jonnyg323

Post by jonnyg323 »

i agree trayhop. i play purely as a casual thing, but its rly nice to have a meal along with it. spoons food is rly cheap and fairly decent - and whos gonna complain about £<3 fish and chips, with free tea and bread and butter from 2-5pm :D

and no i dont work for wetherspoons. just love em!
jonnyg323

Post by jonnyg323 »

...and excuse the double post, but this is a separate point. the zebu is actually BETTER for u in some ways than beef as it has a lower fat content. can be a bit tough, yes, but my medium-rare rump (steak :P) always tastes great with a decent pepper sauce!
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I have my stakes well done. Not burnt to a crisp but well done. I have had a dodgy breakfast from a spoons but that was awhile ago. Some spoons are better than others by a mile for food due to chefs.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

you tend to be safe ordering food which looks like what it should be, a bacon roll is fine but i wouldn't go near a 'spoons sausage or burger.

the curry club is quite good, but their spicy guide is a joke. even the madras is baby food.

personally i would have the penne & chicken or the lamb shank but as you say, it varies according to whether the chef can follow very simple instructions. (introduce to microwave, nuke for three minutes, put on a plate (don't bother warming the plate), hand to some dopey lackey who can wander about the pub guessing where you might be.)
nobody ever wins on those things.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

hand to some dopey lackey who can wander about the pub guessing where you might be.)
:)
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
mjd

Post by mjd »

Rarely go to Spoons, but whenever i do the Beer and Burger Meal is always one of the main reasons!
boom
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Have had some shit hot Lamb Shanks but have also had some piss poor were the mash potato tastes like it has being re-used!

The Steaks can be amazing and can be shite as stated above it all depends!

We went to a steak house called something like Mannys Steak House, had a Extreme in there got a Fillet stake rare with chips and peppercorn sauce, cost £19 but oh my god it was superb!

The Extreme had £30 in it and the two meals came to £35 with drinks lol but we were out on the ale that night
justice For The 96