gut rott

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

good prices, cheap drinks, lots of fruits, pay out IOU's, i love spoons
Unbelievable Jeff
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

They are good for IOUs, will give them that. Their food isn't that bad ob, jeez! Breakfasts are fine, beer and burger is top notch for £4.50 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I have to give Spoons their dues - they do provide choice - and that choice includes the option to go into or not go into their pubs.

I often go to the bar and buy a cup of tea, purely because lots of their customers do that too and it doesn't look out of keeping with the surroundings. The beer is cold and usually priced at the right end of the scale.

The only thing I'd change is the daily refill policy and the lack of live football on the screens.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Whilst everyones putting their tuppance worth in about 'spons so will I.

A couple of weeks ago the other half and myself go in one, I use the toilet, she goes to the bar. 15 minutes later and £52 profit she still hadn't been served, I wonder why that was. Something to do with a) lack of bar staff, b) too many people wanting tea, coffee or both and c) said bar staff ordering 34 burgers for table 1 instead of 1 burger for table 34 :roll: .

Having said that, they do have copious amounts of machines (mainly shite with daily refills) and a bottle of Reef and Stella comes in at £3.89 so you can't really grumble.
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

did a vortex before nixxy & my misses got served in a spoons wasnt even that busy.
TRAPPED!
ob

Post by ob »

CrosbyRules wrote:good prices, cheap drinks, lots of fruits, pay out IOU's, i love spoons
good prices = yeh, cheap drinks = yeh, lots of fruits = yeh, pay out iou...sometimes...

here's the bad side...

shite food, shite selection of machines, shite percentages, usually burnt machines if they are good, often newest program... umm need I go on :P
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

You forgot stinking old tramps that attack you with a barrage of flies that are grateful to buzz around someone else not quite so filthy. By far the worst thing about wetherspoons is the old drunks that feel it is their duty to slur at everyone that is within begging distance.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

INVINCIBLE wrote:did a vortex before nixxy & my misses got served in a spoons wasnt even that busy.
Hehe .. that was quite funny at the time wasn't it :)

That Lithuanian/Kazakhstani/Antarctic barman was thrown into a state of total confusion by the woman next to us who ordered a Southern Comfort and Coke - something he'd never heard of.. <sigh> .. and then you came back with the best part of a £70 top :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

yeh I forgot to say the service is SO SO SO SO bad in spoons, the one in town I have often stopped waiting on the grounds they have took so long!!
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

ob wrote:yeh I forgot to say the service is SO SO SO SO bad in spoons, the one in town I have often stopped waiting on the grounds they have took so long!!
same here m8
bar stff just flap around trying to remember which glass to use.

oh and have you had a small coffee (mouth full) finished it on the way to the mc
TRAPPED!
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

INVINCIBLE wrote:on the soda water any chance i get but too cheap in some places.
if i dont i wont but cant be helped and leaving drinks!

anyway

glass of tap water and a quick top please, oh and a bag of dry roasted, cheers.
55p please........
u cant be real m8?
lost half a back tooth other day not happy eating nobbys nuts gutted :(

no sugar filled drinks for me now, cant avoid em in pubs any sugestions

acidy mixers with soda not great either.

sugar free red bull cant be good

j2o, juice?

water it is
TRAPPED!
JG

Post by JG »

Best just to become INVISIBLE (like wots in yor avatar), but they will switch the machine off when reels start moving of their own accord.

It is actually best to apply RALGEX DEEP FREEZE SPRAY to the entire pub for the duration of your streakyesque adventures. When finished apply DEEP HEAT or TIGER BALM to the regular's/landlord's noses and normal vim and vigour will be restored, allowing you to walk in, WIN and walk out without buying a nasty drink that will cause TOOTH DECAY, GUT ROT, DIABETES, LIVER FAILURE or GOUT. Remember tap water is full of flouride. Keep hydrated, avoid glucose and alcohol rich drinks.

What kind of crazy advice is this?
Scott

Post by Scott »

you don't have too drink your drink you know, find the nearest plant pot and tip it, my mate who i go out with will happily drink every coke in every pub which can be 20+, i'll have one or two at a push and its just too sickly, i would never leave a full coke on top or next too a m/c so i either pour it down the toilet or tip it outside usually, or if my mates really thirsty he can have it.
Cobwebs 👆
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

hot choc £1.09 and breaky £2.49 not the best quality but sets u up for the days slotting ahead, what do you want for the price????? steak caviar and champers,
Little discipline = BIG issue