Keanes new stuff

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Mattb

Keanes new stuff

Post by Mattb »

Anyone heard any of Keanes eagerly awaited new album 'Under The Iron Sea'?

I've heard lead single Is It Any Wonder, and think its excellent. Much heavier sounding than the last album. I'm wondering where the guitar sounds have come from though, seeing as they have no guitarist (Only Vox/Keyboard/Bass/Drums). Anyone know? :D

Can't wait 'til its ut though. Should be a cracker!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

im hesitant to say i liek this as i was sooo ashamed to have listened to the 1st album.....dire winey music....coldplay can pull it off, these jokers cant...

its all about dirty pretty things right now

sorry to crash ur post matty...

snow patrols new stuff aint bad..
Xuenilom

Post by Xuenilom »

Big Keane fan here! - Yes Matt, the 'guitar' sound is made through the Piano, I can 100% confirm that, not sure exactly how tho!

I first saw them live Feb 2004 at the Bar Academy in Birmingham, amazing gig, only about 50 people in there, me & mate was wandering where the Bass sound was coming from after the gig we asked Tim & he revealed it was through the laptop computer on-top of his piano! We were convinced there was a Bass player behind the curtain! :lol:

Out Of Darkness, Cometh Light.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Ahh cheers mate :D

I think most Keane haters only do so because they are popular. Its happened to James Blunt, Coldplay etc...

Just accept the music for what it is - melodic and catchy!

Not a fan of D_p_t....didn't really like the libertines in the first place. Bang bang your dead isn't any special to me!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Fader

Post by Fader »

keane = excellent :lol:
Chance favours the prepared mind!
mjd

Post by mjd »

united legend :D
boom
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Am a big fan of both keane and snow patrol's new singles, allthough tbh apart from the singles i thought the rest of "hopes and fears" was a bit crap.

Songs like "untitled" just bore me tbh... i like the more uptempo stuff, it's like you say melodic and catchy, whereas that was the opposite if you ask me.
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Never been a keane fan, in fact i can't stand them! Nothing to do with them being popular though just never taken to them.