ipod's

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
bigv038

ipod's

Post by bigv038 »

ok im thinking of getting 1 but my old man has one already so we have itunes already installed on the computer, however if i get 1 obviously ill have to use the itunes aswell. wont this be awkward and confusing? anyone know a way round it? (without saying dont buy 1)
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

if you are using windows xp then just create user accounts and then you will be able to have seperate versions of itunes running, you will not be able to have two song libraries on the same account/single installation of itunes if you get me. you will stil be able to modify your ipod contents when you hook it up to your dads installation but only add songs in his library, easiest way is just to create a second library folder within the same installion if you get me..

you will both be able to use all the files on there and removes the need for multi user accounts, hope this helps..
rocket

Post by rocket »

Why can't you just use the same iTunes? Have both your stuff in the same library but don't have your iPod's on auto-sync - so you just drag and drop whatever you want into the iPod.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

That's what's put me off getting an iPod - the need to use iTunes

Every other MP3 player I've used (including my phone) you can just plug in to the computer without using any software.

Do you need to use iTunes if you have an iPod?
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Cardinal Richelieu wrote:That's what's put me off getting an iPod - the need to use iTunes

Every other MP3 player I've used (including my phone) you can just plug in to the computer without using any software.

Do you need to use iTunes if you have an iPod?
You dont HAVE to use itunes to update your ipod, you can also rip music from your ipod to a computer making there copy protection a bit of a joke tbh. 8)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I was toying with the idea of getting one of these, but don't like the idea of having to 'use' specific software. Is there a way to just use Explorer (XP) to drag and drop files?

Else, that's an arse... :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Im not sure

Check here
http://www.ipodhacks.com/

Not the site i use ill look for that later but im sure this has the same sort of stuff.
admin

Post by admin »

Used to have an ipod, and used a program called "anapod explorer" - allows you to transfer normal mp3's to it in a drag n drop style..
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

admin wrote:Used to have an ipod, and used a program called "anapod explorer" - allows you to transfer normal mp3's to it in a drag n drop style..
cheers mate, thats very useful. much appreciated. :wink:
theoak

Post by theoak »

admin wrote:Used to have an ipod, and used a program called "anapod explorer" - allows you to transfer normal mp3's to it in a drag n drop style..
? just like rocket said, all you have to do is have auto-sync off and you can drag and drop onto whichever ipod(s) you want from withint itunes! Its very easy, and the software is designed to be able to handle as many ipods as you have.