The Post Office really PISSES me off

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..

Will i recieve my tickets in time?

Yes JAC don't worry yourself it will be fine
45%
Im not sure it's 50/50 i'd be getting worried JAC
55%

Total votes: 11

JustAnotherClone

The Post Office really PISSES me off

Post by JustAnotherClone »

The damn post office really pisses me off.

I ordered some Oasis tickets of Ebay a few months ago and was supposed to recieve them by recorded delivery. I wasn't in Friday so i got one of those cards through the door saying its going to be at my main branch within 24 Hours.

Sat - Go in and im told there not there try again 2mz

Mon - Go in and im told the same thing

Today - Ring up and im told by some guy "errr they should be here .....wait 5 min....... Hi there not here yet errrr they should be here try calling 2mz"

Im going down to Manchester Friday Midday so i have Wed,Thurs and Friday morning what are the chances it's going to turn up??
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

Could be VERY close :!:
Fader

Post by Fader »

lol they've nicked or lost em :wink:
Chance favours the prepared mind!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

in my work life i send competition prizes through royal mail. about 10% of them don't ever arrive.
either the posties are dishonest
or my prizewinners (joe public) are dishonest.

let me think...

anyhow, i hope your tix arrive JAC, but why you want to go and see a couple of coke-headed vulgarians caterwauling is beyond me. (just my opinion.)
nobody ever wins on those things.
UkAssassin

Post by UkAssassin »

i think those tickets are history mate!
if you know the seat no.s maybe you could notify the venue and see if they can sort something out. maybe.... :?
"just ONE more go" is another chance to lose!
JustAnotherClone

could do that, except there standing tickets............... :cry:
UkAssassin

Post by UkAssassin »

whats the venue again man? there will be touts outside, deffo. it'll be the only way on the day. :cry:
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

It'll be out on video soon :roll:
JustAnotherClone

Its at Manchester Stadium on Sat but im travelling down Friday. I have bought two more tickets that will be here 2mz, this means if all my tickets do turn up i have two extra which ill have to sell quick on Ebay or sell them at the stadium.
UkAssassin

Post by UkAssassin »

flog them at the ground, if it's mobbo, try and get more than face value for them. Don't be embarrassed to ask for a tenner over the odds, you can always come down if they look like walking :)
JustAnotherClone

Update

My replacement tickets came today and the post office number i ring is now out of order :? means i have to go into town to find out the news.
lushy

Post by lushy »

As im a postman i can answer this 1 for ya.

Recorded delivery is a load of shite because if a recorded delivery goes missing all you get in return is a complimentry book of stamps. Always pay the bit extra and get important stuff via the 'special delivery'. guarenteed next day delivery and its fully insured, unlike recorded delivery.

Ask the ebay seller to send you the id code on the recorded delivery sticker and ring royal mail and summon them to find it, or at least get a rough idea as to where it could be.

It is more than likely that your tickets are indeed in your local delivery office, and they've been misplaced. this shit happens all the time.

do your best to get them asap because if they're there a week it will be returned to the sender
JustAnotherClone

Got the id and when they check it it comes with nothing, not even that they tried to deliver it. Any chance it could be at my local post office?
TG

Post by TG »

JustAnotherClone wrote:Got the id and when they check it it comes with nothing, not even that they tried to deliver it. Any chance it could be at my local post office?

Also a postie. It seems like that it hasn't been sent and/or has reached the wrong destination ...
JustAnotherClone

TG wrote:
JustAnotherClone wrote:Got the id and when they check it it comes with nothing, not even that they tried to deliver it. Any chance it could be at my local post office?

Also a postie. It seems like that it hasn't been sent and/or has reached the wrong destination ...
I have the card though to say it has tried to be delivered.

I have 4 tickets now so at least we can all go!! Bit miffed that ive had to buy 2 extra tickets though.