So, what did Santa bring?

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Matt Vinyl

So, what did Santa bring?

Post by Matt Vinyl »

For the first time in a good 10 years, yesterday (the 25th) felt 'just' 'like' 'Christmas'! ;)

Had a lovely day with everyone, and just about to go out and have a good day with the kids!

Santa delivered:

- a Sony PSP (heh - visited 'FruitChat' on it - didn't think it'd integrate so easily in my wireless setup!)
- the new ManU home kit
- ManU Cuff Links & Wallet
- some great jeans
- loads of other clothes
- A few good books (do enjoy a read!)
- A pewter Tankard engraved with a lovely message from the missus!

Gonna pick up a few games for the PSP today (got GTA with it). Anyone got any suggestions of good games? I 'generally' like:

- First Person Shooters
- Scrolling Beat 'Em 'Ups
- Puzzles

Also, what did Santa bring you guys?

Happy Boxing Day! (Much prefer the food today than on Christmas day too! ;) )

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Fruity_Jackpot

Post by Fruity_Jackpot »

Hi Matt Vinyl,

I do not think anyone else will be up yet mate… :lol:

OK so you got a PSP… Did you get a black or white model? A minor problem I’ve noticed with the black one is that you can see all your grubby finger marks after playing! First thing to do is get a decent case – you do not want your screen getting scratched! :(

Anyway you will want to be getting ‘Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories’ straight away. I presume you got ‘Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories’? As your into puzzles go for ‘Lemmings’. I had original game on the Atari ST years ago and still find it as addictive as ever. :)

This may not appeal to everyone but I’m going to be purchasing ‘SEGA Mega Drive Collection’ when it comes out in February. It contains all the classic old games from the Mega Drive / Genesis library of games. I’m hoping this will get me away from gambling… :P

Do not forget a memory stick to save games, hold music etc... Amazon.co.uk sell a 1GB stick for around 20 notes. Absolute bargain! :o

Thanks! :D
itsme

Post by itsme »

i got a laptop.
really suprised,never in a million years i thought someone would spend a decent amount of cash on me :D :D

still got the cheesy white socks and lynx deodorant sets, crimbo wouldnt be crimbo without these...
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
Debz

Post by Debz »

i got :D

-a memory card for my camera
-Lost complete season 1
-PS2 game
-(my fav) a message in a bottle from Fader :D
-bedside light
-watch
-pirates of the carribean (new one)

nudgesuk wrote:nah were all good people on here i can just imagine what a nightout it would be cos some of these boys are crazy lol i reckon it would be a great laugh.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I watched the new pirates of the caribbean the other day and thought it was nowhere near as good as the first one, just my opinion you might really like it :wink:
Cobwebs 👆
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

What firmware is the PSP? Can it be downgraded?
Debz

Post by Debz »

extreme eddie wrote:I watched the new pirates of the caribbean the other day and thought it was nowhere near as good as the first one, just my opinion you might really like it :wink:
Na it aint as good as the first one. i laughed alot mor ein the first one than the second one, but i still like it :D i like the part when he is tied up on that stick and them people are throwing fruit at him lol

maybe im just easily pleased lol :)
nudgesuk wrote:nah were all good people on here i can just imagine what a nightout it would be cos some of these boys are crazy lol i reckon it would be a great laugh.

Post by Guest »

A black Nintendo DS Lite and Brain Training is what you want. 8)
itsme

Post by itsme »

got my little lad a black ds lite..loves it to bits.

quite fancied the brain game myself.
any good ????
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh, all good stuff! ;)

I did get the black PSP, although the missus (who works in Lakeland) did get me a big supply of anti-static screen wipes to try and keep it finger-print free, I do get anal about 'marks' on my electronic gear (nearly had a heart attack when her youngest lad made the meerest suggestion of having a glass of squash on the same table as my laptop! :) )

I've got firmware 2.00 currently, you can reset it to that (I upgraded to 2.something when I first played GTA Liberty City) I heard there's some 'tech' that lets you run your own software on it? (Would def be interesting for me!!!)

As for what I got today, I bought Street Fighter Alpha 3 and 'Midway Classics' that has loads of cool games on it from the 80's / 90's. Only set me back £20, so very impressed. Also loaded up on a memory card and a carry case.

---

Plus, Chelsea Drew, and Man U won today, so what more could I ask for on a Boxing Day? ;)

Also, VB - my bro has one of them, said my brain age was 40 something, even though I got the questions spot on in a very 'reasonable' time frame! ;)

---Back to my pint... ;)
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Mine is running on 1.5 at the moment, i have emulators on it and play all the old sega classics. Get yourself a big memory and your laughing :lol:
admin

Post by admin »

Just upgraded my 1.5 psp to the new custom firmware, 3.02b by Dark Alex. Runs all the homebrew 1.5 does plus it has the PS1 emulator built-in - cracking piece of kit!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ooh, where can I lay my hands on some of this 'home brew' stuff? Have heard about it before, would be lovely to play some of the old Sega classics 'on the go'! ;)

;)
admin

Post by admin »

I use,

http://pspupdates.qj.net or http://www.psp-hacks.com

Have a good read of those sites, your probably going to need to "flash" your PSP, just make sure you know what your doing! Doing something wrong could kill it...

I have quite a good knowledge of these things, and Im sure others on here have too. So if your unsure of something ask away.

Once youve got everything setup though, you can run all the emulators, play ISO's (backups of your own origional psp games ofcourse), Play PS1 games and tons of other stuff.

While im at it, this is a good link to download game roms: http://www.rom-world.com/

Mike.

Post by Guest »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]Also, VB - my bro has one of them, said my brain age was 40 something, even though I got the questions spot on in a very 'reasonable' time frame! ]

Lol - I made good on my earlier comment and bought a DS with brain training today. Couldn't repeat my classroom heroics when I had got 20yrs in front of my form - my first diagnosis was 34 today :( . Created another user name and put things right, but am still mortified by my earlier failure...