Peter Crouch

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..

Is Peter Crouch good enough for england????

yes!!
67%
No!! he's a lanky piece of crap .....
33%

Total votes: 24

nudgesuk

Peter Crouch

Post by nudgesuk »

watched the boring game today but for me how can anyone justify peter crouch goin to the world cup. he has a shocking 1st touch he gets shoved of the ball everytime it comes to him he cant hold it up. i once thought this was not to bad but im sorry yeah he may score goals sumtimes but he is not for me a world cup player. the england strikers should be for me

Owen
Rooney
Bent
Defoe

anyone else agree or not?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Don't like the guy, certainly not classy enough. However we have no height up front, so i think he could be a useful addition for say 20mins a game if we get desperate.

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
tka

Post by tka »

Did I mention that I went to school with him?
See him in my local quite often too.
So he gets my vote 8)
No wonder I drink!
Fader

Post by Fader »

agree with Matt, although i dont think we have even ONE world class striker since Shearer has retired. yeah you can say Rooney is good, but even he has only scored as many as marlon harewood at west ham - and thats with players like ronaldo and giggs supplying the assists...

id say rooney and owen (if fit), one thing rooney is good for is assists

id take honestly:

OWEN
ROONEY
CROUCH
DEFOE
ASHTON (before today)

id also have etherington in the team s cover for joe cole at the least
Chance favours the prepared mind!
random stop

Post by random stop »

etherington.

really ??
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

even as a liverpool fan i'll agree that crouch aint necessarily good enough but then again, not a hell of a lot of other choice is there.

Obviously Rooney and Owen go

after that you just start making up numbers.

Bent - good display this season but in the england match he played he looked a bit out of place but probably the best of the rest to go

Defoe - has shown he can do it at international level from time to time but not played a hell of a lot lately

Ashton - come on its far too early days for him yet, yes he's been in decent form of late but this is the World cup we're talking about, jurys out on him

Crouch - Whats he got? Height! whats that gonna do for us? Well its not gonna make him an amazing goalscorer for headers but defences will want to mark him with more than one player to hope he doesnt get a head for a flick on, end result is less defenders on everyone else and more space for them to score.

Its not really a question of is crouch good enough for england, its more a case of after rooney and Owen who the hell do we take?
Fader

Post by Fader »

i wouldnt say ashton if e had much better!!

and etherington i really think should go
Chance favours the prepared mind!
Terry Tibbs

Re: Peter Crouch

Post by Terry Tibbs »

nudgesuk wrote:watched the boring game today but for me how can anyone justify peter crouch goin to the world cup. he has a shocking 1st touch he gets shoved of the ball everytime it comes to him he cant hold it up. i once thought this was not to bad but im sorry yeah he may score goals sumtimes but he is not for me a world cup player. the england strikers should be for me

Owen
Rooney
Bent
Defoe

anyone else agree or not?
his touch isnt that bad, it was his close control that set fowler up. For a tall bloke he really needs to learn how to head the ball though.

I think he's ok for England does a good job and is a perfect foil for Owen.

on a related not i think Rooney should play behind two strikers like Scholes did
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

his close control setup fowler?

or wasitthe fact it more or less hitoff him and dropped to fowler? idont haveanything against the bloke i just dont think he has what it takes to play for england and this is coming from a scotsman.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

nudgesuk wrote:his close control setup fowler?

or wasitthe fact it more or less hitoff him and dropped to fowler? idont haveanything against the bloke i just dont think he has what it takes to play for england and this is coming from a scotsman.
the chest then the knee then the foot?
tka

Post by tka »

Is Peter Crouch good enough? Can you score 3 goals in 90 minutes against an international team? And none were headers but he still won evertything in the air. And he does Robotix!

I know Jamaica were crap but somebody has to put the ball in the net. Good luck Crouchy!!! (Until Rooney gets fit)
No wonder I drink!
mjd

Post by mjd »

Perrr Crooch! I loved his pen, I howled laughing!!
boom

Post by Guest »

tka wrote:Is Peter Crouch good enough? Can you score 3 goals in 90 minutes against an international team? And none were headers but he still won evertything in the air. And he does Robotix!
Absolutely - he's an easy pick now that Rooney's out.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

That penalty was the greatest thing i've ever seen in my life.

If you look up "that's what you get for being cocky" you'd find that :lol: .

What would've been funnier though, does anyone remember Helder Postiga doing that and scoring in Euro 2004 against england when if he'd missed Portugal were out, you can imagine him being quite unpopular once he'd got back to the changing room.

What was he doing playing for Portugal, he was pants anyway.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

jimmymac wrote:even as a liverpool fan i'll agree that crouch aint necessarily good enough but then again, not a hell of a lot of other choice is there.

Obviously Rooney and Owen go

after that you just start making up numbers.

Bent - good display this season but in the england match he played he looked a bit out of place but probably the best of the rest to go

Defoe - has shown he can do it at international level from time to time but not played a hell of a lot lately

Ashton - come on its far too early days for him yet, yes he's been in decent form of late but this is the World cup we're talking about, jurys out on him

Crouch - Whats he got? Height! whats that gonna do for us? Well its not gonna make him an amazing goalscorer for headers but defences will want to mark him with more than one player to hope he doesnt get a head for a flick on, end result is less defenders on everyone else and more space for them to score.

Its not really a question of is crouch good enough for england, its more a case of after rooney and Owen who the hell do we take?
As another Liverpool fan i'd have to disagree with you. Crouch has been the Key reason Liverpool have had such a successfull season his hold up play and ball control very good. some people see the man before seeing the footballer and and such he always splits opinion on quality.
He's had a good season for liverpool which is all you can ask of him, earned his england place and put in some good performances.

Like it or not he's England's in form striker at the moment and i fully support him.

5 goals in 3 games is good going IMO and you can only score against teams who are put in front of you.