Headphones

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
JG

Headphones

Post by JG »

Looking for a set of headphones for £100 or less. To be mostly used with portable devices watching films etc whilst other half is doing Chelsea, Brother and Essex Factor. Wanting a good set of over/on ear phones. For indoor use, so don't care if I look like an alien whilst wearing them. Will also be listening to music. Complextro, transo-ambient, deep dish big beat break step jazzy funk plus other similar EDM variants and a little bit of classical with bias to the renaissance era although I do like Tchaikovsky's piano concertos and the violin concertos of Paganini. Also partial to secular euphoric madrigal chanting. Films: anything with loud explosions....not that silly film about that fat boy who uses fart gas to launch a space shuttle though please.
I'm not expecting audiophile perfection. The source will only be an iPad for the most part.
I'm not a bass head but do like a tight well controlled bass. Presence is also an important factor. If I don't get any presence on my Birthday, then I'll be upset.
Any hints tips or ideas? Substance over style please. Audio first, aesthetics second.

Cheers.

Chairs.

Or

Churs as Cilla Black and other Scouser maniacs might say.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

On a side note, that f'ing Chelsea b***cks is shit isn't it? All the birds love it.

Romeo: "So you err had sex with my girlfriend last night, that was a pretty rotten thing to do."

Mario: "yes sorry about that"

Romeo: "ok I'm a trifle annoyed but I think a few hours of spending exquisite amounts of money in designer shops will reduce my anger"

Mario: "yah whatever, I'll buy you a frippilato Monaco triple mocholatto and we'll stop over at Luis Vitton"

Romeo: "cool"

Mario: "we good now?"
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

ive got some sony over ear phones i bought in tesco for 20 quid last year ,,, i use em all the time for my vita

my brother in law has them beats dr drey thingy's and to be honest ,,,,,,, i cant notice any discernible difference in sound quality ,,,,,,,, certainly not 150 quids worth of difference anyhow
Little discipline = BIG issue

Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

Always liked Bose stuff, expensive though.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Roulette free since December 2011.
JG

Post by JG »

Beats studio etc have a skewed EQ, overly powerful bass. I've heard a lot of good talk about sennheiser, hadn't considered sol republic as I didn't know they existed but certainly good reviews. I've got bose in my car and it does sound better than any in car audio I've had before but headphone reviews a bit mixed on amazon.
I like reading the audiophile reviews, trouble is for that level of sound you have to spend serious dollar and is it worth it for the subtle increases in sound quality.
Cheers for the input, as the Crystal Maze used to say....iiiiiiit's decissssion tiiiiime
JG