Rafa's Rant

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Ruler of The World

Rafa's Rant

Post by Ruler of The World »

I stand by Rafa 100% and it's nothing to do with me being a Spurs fan...

We thank them for dumping our fantastic manager!

However, the way managers get treated at Chelsea is disgusting and shambolic. Their fans are a disgrace, the man is doing a job he had been sought out and paid to do, personally, I think he should never have accepted the role when it contained the word 'interim' but I guess it's better than hanging around, sitting in your ass all day...or is it?

Rafa has won the title in Spain with a club other than Barcelona and Real Madrid! He made Liverpool a force again by attracting great Spanish players and mixing them up with the few English players who were any good there at the time. Winning the Champions League with definitely not the strongest team should also be commended.

Why don't the Chelsea fans moan to their owner? I'll tell you why, because they are a bunch of muppets who know their place when it comes to calling for their sugar daddy's head! Chelsea would be dumped in no time, they'd be in administration within weeks and they'd be flushed down the league toilet just like Rangers.

What a pathetic bunch these fans are, one of the fanzine idiots came on the BBC claiming he was 'picking the wrong team'! What a complete retard! Why do all these fans act like they have coaching badges and winners medals?

But anyway, thanks for AVB, far better than that dodgy cunt Redknapp with his self-centred, deluded England ambition. I will continue to laugh as the lifelong Chelsea fans who could only afford their blue shirts when a billionaire arrived continue their pathetic protests.

Poor Rafa, he deserves better.
mikej82

Post by mikej82 »

Rafa shouldn't of talked crap about Chelsea back in his Liverpool days.
Mr x Mr Y
Ruler of The World

What he said was true.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Altho I think he is over rated as a manager(his achievement in Spain aside) I actually agree with what he said. But he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place!!

I believe Chelsea were only a few points behind utd when Di Matteo left and now look at them, it was never gonna be popular with the fans that much was obvious. But they should have given him a fair go first before turning on him but with the history of the two that was unlikely.

However u have to question why he was employed in the first place, I'm sorry ROTW but I have to disagree with ur assumption that he turned Liverpool into a force!! Yes they won the champions league and he did bring in a few decent players but most of the time they were consistently double figures and in most cases a lot more than that behind the eventual winners of the premier leageue. He also led them to a shambles at the end, finishing around 7th a few years running which if ur a Liverpool fan surely is embarrassing. Look what he did with what Jose left behind at Milan? He ruined them totally!!
Ruler of The World

2 points, I hope Chelsea are ruined by him too and Chelsea fans are a disgrace.

For all his success, Mourinho never won the Champions League at Chelsea, he also got done over by Benitez several times, proving Benitez was more than up to a battle with him. Hypocrites are what Chelsea fans are, they moan about managers not being given a chance and yet they do this to a manager who, at least on paper, has the skills for the job.

I hope they end up with Alex McLeish or Steve McClaren, that'll teach em.
BFK

Post by BFK »

I can see Zola ending up there. Doin a fuckin great job at Watford.
Ruler of The World

Abramovich loves Zola, but doing well with Watford is hardly proving yourself. Then again, the way he treats managers, he gets less and less choice of top names after each sacking so Zola or Poyet may well be next in charge. Once they're gone, it will be the likes of shit like McLeish and McClaren - hopefully.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

The Chelsea job is as poisoned a chalice as any, Rafa knew that but still took the job.

Why??

Because the price was right. He has made himself look stupid because it would have beeen written into his contract that he was merely interim manager, so can't complain or pretend he didn't know what he was signing. Also regarding the fans, they are a bunch of plastic cunts who don't see that not getting behind the manager is detrimental to the their club. Mind you Rafa would have known he wasn't a popular choice, but still took the job.

Money.

All about the money.
Ruler of The World

I would only take the Chelsea job to further run them into the ground. I simply CANNOT like such a team, nothing to do with rivalry, their fans just make me SICK! Does anyone remember the only Chelsea fan we ever heard of publicly was David Mellor? At least he can stand up and say he was a fan before all the Abramovich money poured in!

Poor old Matthew Harding was trying to turn things around, helicopter crash put him out of it, Bates was a cunt but looking back, he was perfect for such a bunch of mealy mouthed wankers who simply don't deserve to have the level of financial support they do at their club they now suddenly 'love'.

Seriously, what a bunch of utter wankers they are!
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Those moaning Chelsea fans should be grateful they have as good a manager as Rafa at the helm. There's currently 16 teams doing worse than they are, all probably with worse squads and all (with the exception of Arsenal) have a less successful manager.
AMK

Post by AMK »

Jackpot Party!!!

The progressive bonus can pop up anytime. Even on a tedious football thread. Will it be the four star progressive? Sign up now for a referral bonus. Jackpotparty.com
... Join The Party!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

No such thing as a tedious football thread...
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i'm sure some of our posterers could see about that.
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Bring back Mourinho, makes the premier league more interesting.