worst meal i've prob ever had.

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Scott wrote:Also, is it just me or can nobody in a spoons cook an egg?

they usually cook eggs either on a flat grill (like you see burgers sizzling on for hours in shit burger vans) or in a combi oven,

the 1st way cooks the bottoms and leaves a snotty gunky top
the second pretty much hard boils the egg in a fried egg shape...

neither are nice.... about 5 years ago they were all individually fried in a pan... now they suck
Scott

Post by Scott »

That explains it then, a hard bolied egg in the shape of a fried egg sums it up nicely, waste of time!
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

It's no yoke!!!
BFK

Post by BFK »

Eggcellent gag!
BFK

Post by BFK »

2 poultry gags!!

No 3!!!
BFK

Post by BFK »

What a cock.
BFK

Post by BFK »

4!!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

On the red wine?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

all them jokes were fowl
Little discipline = BIG issue

BFK

Post by BFK »

titchno1 wrote:On the red wine?
I no longer dabble in that Mr Titch.

Too many horrific hangovers and far to many evenings spent staggering around in a comatosed state unable to recall a thing the next morning.

I just stick to beer and vodka now. My body is so use to it by now it just doesn't affect me anymore. Normally one maybe 2 blowouts a week and that's it now.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Economy sausages are rank, ruined many a good fryup. 2 places I went to, independent, walking distance from 2 butchers, both served economy sausages. Foul.
@Spyder the egg is also pretty important. What's stopping them from just splashing some oil over the top when it's cooking? I mean come on Spoons!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Its fucking unreal that people use shit sausages... a box of 80 reasonable frozen ones costs about £7... about 10p each.... small butcher sausages will cost about 20-25p each, about double/three times the amount.....

if people werent such fat bastards these days, a £3-4 breakfast could be fantastic.. but people want to stuff themselves and eat so much they are full or feel sick.. lol

spoons used to have spray bottles of cooking oil to try and cook the tops of the eggs... but the nature of the grill is that the heat comes from the bottom only, spraying the top with cold oil probably didnt do anything, and the grill doesnt have a layer of oil on it to splash with a spoon like you would in a pan...

if you look at the bottom of the egg, it may have a browned crispy thin layer, indicating it was cooked on the grill, if its white all over they cooked it in the oven...

stupid really as spoons pride themselves on breakfasts, im assuming that the reasons behind offering poached eggs and scrambled eggs these days is in part to solve their shit fried egg option, but i doubt anyone there would admit to that.....

nowt better than a good pork, beef and tomato sausage on a fryup.. did you know that the tomato flavouring in sausages is usually soup powder????? lol

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:Economy sausages are rank, ruined many a good fryup. 2 places I went to, independent, walking distance from 2 butchers, both served economy sausages. Foul.
@Spyder the egg is also pretty important. What's stopping them from just splashing some oil over the top when it's cooking? I mean come on Spoons!