Hastings

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Hastings

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Is there a more depressing place than this town?
I moved out of there thirteen years ago and only go back there on the rare occasion to visit family.
Every time I walk through the town centre the piss-head population has increased by about five. They cradle their can like it's their life and scrounge for spare change constantly.
The do-gooders out there will say it's not their fault they are in their position, but in the vast majority of cases it is entirely their own doing. Just amazes me how they never have money to try to help themselves out of the mess they find themselves in, yet they always have enough for alcohol, cigarettes or drugs.
AMK

Post by AMK »

I liked Mr Moretons Amusements there :D Such a generous man. However I do agree the town itself is horrible. Always police there breaking up trouble.
... Join The Party!
JG

Post by JG »

Oscar here, logging on under JG's account as I feel like a change. Robert, quite frankly I find your thinly veiled reference to machine X utterly vulgar, crass and unprofessional. Why not take a leaf out of George's book? He is quite the gentleman don't you know? Your posts recently though Robert have been fucking nauseating to say the least. I bid you good day.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Oscar...can you NOT use my account please. Yes Hastings. I visited twice. Once there was a festival there and so lots and lots of drunks. Unreal, like every hoodlum in Sussex had descended on there. The other time it was cold. Tunnels. Subways. The front just goes on for ever. When it comes to scrawny tattooed blokes asking for heroin money, Coventry wins hands down so there.
JG
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

far worse places, visited areas I knew 10 years other day...

Drunks in the street, beggers in the mall, foreigners filling the library chairs asleep(you couldn't make it up they had suitcases all packed up and set up camp in there), romainian street gangs running some gambling game with drinking and shouting.

I can't understand how the local residents where going about like it was perfectly normal, why the local authority did not have more presense with the mind to move these sorts on I don't know.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

rougley , between stoke n litcfield ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you know your in a shithole town when you find a pub with every single window boarded up ,,,,,,,, but its still open for business
Little discipline = BIG issue

FruityPro

Post by FruityPro »

trayhop123 wrote:you know your in a shithole town when you find a pub with every single window boarded up ,,,,,,,, but its still open for business
At least if you get shit from the locals you won't be asked to "Pick a window"!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Sinfin in Derby is among the worst places I've ever been slotting, on a par with Southall, a place I still have nightmares about.

Used to play a lot round some of the rougher parts of Liverpool, and some of the pubs.... well, I needed to be both pissed and high before I went in them. But fortunately I usually was. I remember in Birkenhead one night yeeears ago me and my mate split up to do 2 pubs, we did paper, scissor, stone to see who went where and I lost, so I got to do the rougher looking pub. Went in, house double vodka with a splash of lemonade, spent 5 mins befriending the pub great dane, quick £60 raise, no heat at all, another 2 mins throwing buster's toy bone around and off out the door.

Meanwhile my mate is getting threatened with a brick for making £6.
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

Lol u don't wana go round outskirts of Liverpool or Birkenhead mate. Could end up losing your legs lol.
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

The trick is to act like your a nutter
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Went there once, played a chesstournament. Sailed through to the final. Played some mysterious Jackpot George guy, lost 8 1/2- 1/2 in the final, managing to scrape a draw in game 9.
Roulette free since December 2011.
JG

Post by JG »

The Hastings two day rapid play bloopety whoopedy congress. A big event on the chess circuit. I wonder if it's still going?
Hastings always sounded quite upmarket to me, as a youngster. It took me 32 years and a bit to get there. It was worth going but a bit of a long drive for me.
JG
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Oscar wrote:Sinfin in Derby is among the worst places I've ever been slotting, on a par with Southall, a place I still have nightmares about.

Used to play a lot round some of the rougher parts of Liverpool, and some of the pubs.... well, I needed to be both pissed and high before I went in them. But fortunately I usually was. I remember in Birkenhead one night yeeears ago me and my mate split up to do 2 pubs, we did paper, scissor, stone to see who went where and I lost, so I got to do the rougher looking pub. Went in, house double vodka with a splash of lemonade, spent 5 mins befriending the pub great dane, quick £60 raise, no heat at all, another 2 mins throwing buster's toy bone around and off out the door.

Meanwhile my mate is getting threatened with a brick for making £6.
Nothing wrong with Southall. If you're not white and sleeping in the Plaza hotel.