high flyer

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
trayhop123

high flyer

Post by trayhop123 »

its my birthday friday , so doing the basic cinema and meal out etc ,,,,,,, possibly gangster squad

anyhow tracy has bought me one of these light aircraft experience thingys , i can take 2 along with me for the ride

so im taking my sister in law ,,,,,,, and jg

ive had a brief word with the instructor on the phone ,,,,,,,, he's gonna drive from coventry to leicester to pick sis n me up sunday morning , then back to cov to get george , apparently the airfield (baggington orsomthinorother) is only about 2 miles from georges house ,,,,,,,, then apparently were in the air for an hour , and then erm ,,,,,,,, get dropped off home ,,,, all for a very reasonable 150quid

thing is ,,,,,, apparently i get 10mins at the controls

well thats one way to go i suppose

might as well give us all machine x now george :)
Little discipline = BIG issue

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

why don't you put your red and blue suit on and do a bit of wing walking?

have a good'un lol
BFK

Post by BFK »

I've got machine x now Trayflop.

Pm me.
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

Jg a trick I see, 500 meters high and a mate that wants to see what machine X can be. :-) enjoy.
JG

Post by JG »

Very poetic Mystery Plumy, I mean plumy2k. You ideally need a plane to play a route of machine x's in one day, it makes that John O'Gaunt to Land's End route so much quicker.
After the week I've had, death by plane crash would seem like an upturn in events. Just watch out for the speed cameras in the clouds Lee, or else they'll ban you from flying as well.
Ady said noooooooooooo oooohoooooo way and a mate of a mate died in a Micro lite (sp?) tragic accident a few years back. I'd say the odds of death are about the same as me getting POT and Keybet at the same time, so I feel perfectly safe.....is it possible to fly over Piddleton on Sea at some point? Is the plane equipped with parachutes?
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Happy Birthday Lee, hope you had a good one.
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

cheers m8 , yeah seen gangster squad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which was erm ,,,,,, ho hum ,,,,,,, 6 out of 10

very stylised , but it had been done before much better with the untouchables

also it seemed like every 500 bullets shot , 1 found its target ,,,,,,,,,,,, so over emphasised for visually appealing popcorn fodder ,,,,,,,,,, not a bad effort overall , and well acted , but you come out the cinema feeling like youve seen it before ,,,,, and better

ps pick u up sunday around 9 ,,,,,,,,,,,, ide advise bringing your own parachute , a sick bag , and a spare pair of underpants

Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

In his 10 minutes at the controls.......

"Hold on a minute, just gunna land in this pub Carpark. There's a Perfect I normally do on a route about this time and it should have a mid 60s cashpot if the rich guy from down the road has pumped it as usual."

That aside, hope you have a great day Lee, and that you enjoy the day out with the man and his big chopper! :P
kong

Post by kong »

Chocks away! Keep an eye out for Golden Hold.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

well we survived , ,,,,,, it was only a little poxy single engine jobby with dials (no not that sort) that looked older than us lol

george said '' theres more room in your sequento'' lol

very much like the playstation , everything was smooth analogue , with even the the smallest feathertouch translating to a bigger shift outside etc

like a rollercoaster , but far more extreme , he did a cpl of erratic manoeuvres to demonstrate the differences between positive and negative g forces etc ,,,,,,,,, positive makes you feel heavier than you are , and negative obviously makes your stomach go with a weightless feel

towards the end i felt a little sick lol

despite how good it was , i doubt i would do it again ,,,,,,,,,,, its just one of the things you should put on your bucketlist of things to do before you die , like sky diving , bungie jumping , driving a supercar , holiday in america ,shagging in thailand , or making a quid in a sun valley etc