Spaghetti bolognaise

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
JG

Spaghetti bolognaise

Post by JG »

Ok the wife has requested a top notch spaghetti bolognaise to be made by myself.

Any hints or tips from magic seasoning to where you'd source the ingredients? It must be home made, no trans fat ASDA bullshit.
JG
AMK

Post by AMK »

I'm sure you can use dark chocolate in it. That might be chilli though lol.
... Join The Party!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I used to do quite a good Spag Bol. Consider using Turkey mince, keeps the fat down, and tastes rather good. Plenty of Garlic and onions, difficult to overdo these; and don't have the sauce too sloppy. Italians eat most of their Pasta very dry, the sauce is there really just as a side, not to cover absolutely everything. Small portions, serve with a nice Chianti, some iced mineral water, and a rocket and feta salad.
JG

Post by JG »

Excellent tips Will, you're on form tonight. Agreed on the bank sentiments as well. I will definitely consider turkey mince. It's not traditional, but a healthy angle will be a definite plus. Cheers AMK, but I will leave the dark chocolate out, for now anyway.
JG
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

don't use that shitty dried spaghetti

always use fresh .

i can make one in 15 minutes using jars( no trans fat in boiled tomatoes, onions and a few herbs btw lol)

if you're doing it from scratch it'll take absolutely ages, and if you want to do it totally proper and authentic it will take 4hrs(i shit you not) just to simmer the sauce down to the right consistency.
Cf

Post by Cf »

I like to use rosemary when making a spag bol.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

50/50 pork and lamb, far better making a meatball dish that actually has some substance.

Fresh pasta is a deffo no no, won't get the italians using it for this dish if not dried.

Sauce must contain a good amount of wine, white will give a lot cleaner fresher flavour.

I like to have a bit of spice to the sauce rather than a herby galic one.

Baby spinach and mozzerela salad.