calling it a day , , , well sort of

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

well just to round this up ,,,,,,,,,,, i now have a job ,,,,,,,,,, yup ,,,, first interview , got it ,,,,,,,,,,, its only a minimum 5 hr per week contract , but i have been told , it will never be 5 hrs lol ,,,,,,,,, could be 16 hrs one week , 30 the next etc ,,,,,,,,,, sounds very sporadic , which is exactly what i want , allowing for slotting days

so how did i get it straight away ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,, like the boss said to me after the extensive interview ,,,,,,,, '' your product knowledge is vast ''

yup ,,,,,,, all things geek has paid off , im working minimum wage for a computer game shop

ps , im on a full day thursday london slotting , and should smash over minimum wage lol

but i dont care ,

easing back into society with a part time job , and slotting ,,,,,,,,,, perfect
Little discipline = BIG issue

harry2

Post by harry2 »

bad news mate.... It's HMV :(
Roulette free since December 2011.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

lol ,,,,,,,,

seriously , its pretty disturbing whats happening on the high st , ,,,,,,

whoever would have thought we would ever lose woolworths a few years back , then comet , jessops , and now hmv

i can understand jessops to an extent , whilst there may always exist a market for the dedicated high end pro snapper , ,,,,,, fact is camera phones are so good now , they negate the need for the masses

with comet gone , (apart from independents like richer sounds etc) ,,,,,,, surely currys are flourishing ?

with hmv gone , ,,,,, other than the crappy choice of the supermarket ,,,,,,, where do you go ?

internet , and moreso digital distribution have left the high st in tatters

pretty soon , there wont be one
Little discipline = BIG issue

Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

5hr contract, you should just work 5 hours then, any time you do over its cheaper for the employer since they won't have to pay you holiday on the extra hours, hope you negociated a decent overtime rate!

As for the highstreet, all the companies that have gone under thoroughly deserved it, they over expanded as a result of a credit fuelled market, the highstreet is now getting back to normal, it should eventually revert back to smaller sustainable businesses. The success of all the large organisations relied on continuous flow of credit, which has now dired up, 5 years ago the big chains whould of massively cut back on outlets and staffing levels, how they thought the credit would start to flow again I really don't know.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I work part time for council. Minimum of 8 hours. However iv never worked 8 hours. I get off when I want and my work mate cover viva versa. It brings in around £500 a month. It's ok for just playing football and watching DVDs.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

admit it lee, you're only doing it for the staff discount and first dibs on stuff

congrats btw use it as a stepping stone
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Blockbuster has also gone pop
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

The only thing left in High Sts in 10 years time will be Tesco Metros and Leisure facilities. Everything else is doomed.
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Tesco where looking into a horse meat section in there stores...it fell at the last hurdle.

Just checked 3 different boxes of meet in the freezer......and there off!

What twat put beef in my horse burger!
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Never did trust the boxed burgers. Thats why I always went to the butchers section and bought over the canter.
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

What's next? My lidl pony?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

tesco's have now given up trying to apologise as they are just flogging a dead horse.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Tesco are offering everyone who bought these burgers, a free upgrade to their new high speed mobile network

4GG

Andy Carroll has just been sold to Tesco

Horse meat found in Tesco burgers

Camel toe found in Primark leggings
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

I've been 'busy' so I missed the PAKI remarks. I don't find them offensive, I'm not associated with 'pakis' in any way, don't even have friends who are 'pakis' and I often curse brown people who annoy me by calling them pakis. Frankly, its hardly offensive sounding! It can quite easily be a shortened form of Pakistani. I'd find it offensive if someone called me a turkey!

I don't hang around in mosques to find out what they're on about but there are obviously some very stupid people out there if they think 9/11 really was a muslim plot! If only some of you actually understood this world for what it really is, if only you knew what the agenda is for so many things you just ignore in life. FOOLS!

I'm not racist, never have been, never will be but I don't like Afghans. But that doesn't mean I'd go and bomb them, rape their women (must be fucking desperate) and make some stupid excuse about an American-Israeli coordinated plot an excuse to attack when the real reason is to control the heroine.

And yes, we're still looking for these Weapons of Mass Destruction Iraq had, I think its more like Oil To Power OUR Weapons of Mass Destruction! Oh, I don't like Iraqis either - but I wouldn't bomb them..

Apparently Gaddafi wasn't a bad bloke, he just made hollow threats. Rather nasty seeing him being killed on video even if he did seem like a raving loony cunt. Let's face it, in certain contexts, every leader would look like a total prick.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

What's wrong with Afghan women?