calling it a day , , , well sort of

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Noels Beard wrote:Young professionals, women who want a career, who have aspirations beyond motherhood but not exclusive from it: they mostly manage to avoid getting up the stick. I will be bold and suggest that there's a good chance that they may be lesbians
fixed that for you.

;)
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

fair enough

yeah the benefit system's never gonna be perfect ,,,,,,,,,, for some , a low paid job can end up making you only marginally better off ,,,,,,, or in some cases worse off , when you consider travel expense , loss of housing benefit etc

im not suggesting its the right attitude for 1 minute ,,,,, afterall benefits arnt nobody's god given right ,,,,,,, but i can certainly see why some are better off sitting at home , watching the telly , whilst playing the system
Little discipline = BIG issue

johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Do you sign on cannonball?
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

trayhop123 wrote:fair enough

yeah the benefit system's never gonna be perfect ,,,,,,,,,, for some , a low paid job can end up making you only marginally better off ,,,,,,, or in some cases worse off , when you consider travel expense , loss of housing benefit etc

im not suggesting its the right attitude for 1 minute ,,,,, afterall benefits arnt nobody's god given right ,,,,,,, but i can certainly see why some are better off sitting at home , watching the telly , whilst playing the system
For many the low paid part time work is a path to a high income... now you can get a 10k disregard when it comes to tax credits... so a single parent with a coupld of kids could earn £120 in a part time job with a couple of kids, it would result in tax credit benefit upto £600 a week, the single parent could then increas the earning through a change of circumstances, earn upto 10k more and not have the entitlement level affected, bringing the household income to near £1k a week, which would require a pretax income in the main somwhere in the region of £70k a year.

It the single people that are hit... you are so wrong about the sit a home generalisation, more beneifts(the propotion of claimants and the volume) are claimed by those in work than those out of work.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

This isnt pointed at anyone. I hate people that get up the duff. To many people seem to think its the easy way out. Single girls younger than me at school having kids. They drive around in nice new cars, have a house, see them down local clubs every weekend and see them upload photos of holidays at least twice a year. No wonder people are popping them out left right and centre. They were fk all before and more than likely they were going to be fk all in the future that's why they chose the route they took. No wonder they are out every weekend. More likely trying to conceive to get a pay rise or a bigger house. Gggrrrrrr I hate this!!!
BFK

Post by BFK »

Bit of a generalisation titch!!!!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I said I had no money, but I also said I had money saved for my babies that I will not go into, my girlfriend fell pregnant while using the inplant. I am not the kind of person to abort a baby so I started saving. The 1st scan told us we had twins. I didn't plan my children I may be in my early 20s but I took responsbility. I don't go out 18 hours I said if I had to I would. I do 3days atm and 4days at home. Even know my days are local and maybe 5 or 6 hours. Or I'll pop into town between feeds. And I do not sign on no. You seem to think I am a chav will as I were tracksuit bottoms, I dress how I like. You must think I'm some kind of chav with shell suit bottoms and a fake burbery hat lol.
thecannonball89

I aslo don't go out unles she's got somone with her, like my mum or her mum will come round for the day
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

Fankya
thecannonball89

Fankya mark
amazing

Post by amazing »

trayhop123 wrote:warning , the following will be long , self indulgent and boring ,,,,,,,,,, you have been warned

ive been at this game a very very long time ,,,,, more than most on here ,,,,, even before a few members of this site were born

when i started 6quid up on the day was considered very impressive , ,,,,,,,,, now its considered a cheap board

i started out around 14 playing the video games and gradually moved on to the 2p fruits ,cutting my teeth on the likes of master spy , rat race, test pilot etc. at 16 i joined a yts getting paid 30quid a week on a friday , and walking home potless the same night was a semi regular occurrence lol,,,,, eventually i met the right players who taught me the ropes etc and made me realise that if treated right , this could make a decent living, and so graduated on to the pubs etc, , , it was hard going for a few years , just making a few quid each week to supliment my giro , it was the token years , paymaster , mhg , stretton , associated leisure , ,,,,, and you only had a few options with what to do with em , some pubs allowed you to buy drinks with them , others you had little choice but to put them back , and even back then on certain machines there was dodgy programming involved where it was quite possible to put 40quids worth of tokens in a machine for no board , but put real cash in and get a board straight away ,,,, wtf robbing bastards lol Anyhow that all changed with the arrival of £10 all cash machines , finally i found it possible to not only make a living but to be able to save money in the bank too

the last 15 or so years have been a roller coaster ride , ive met some true friends , and a multitude of different players from all over the uk ,,,,,,,, without mentioning names theres been the players who have lived for today and spent everything they've earnt , and then theres been the players who have saved religiously , now have literally hundreds of thousands in the bank or property , but have missed out on so many of lifes experiences , one such player never even started a relationship with a girlfriend till he was in his thirty's and was never interested in taking a holding anywhere anytime , he was all about the pursuit of money 7 days a week and now has two houses , fair play to him i suppose

ive personally tried to find a happy medium , ive been america 3times (once for a month lol) ,,,,, thailand , all over europe numerous times , took days off , had relationships , been married twice , bought every game console and new tech gadget and toy available , ive lost count of the tv's dvd's blue ray players etc that ive bought ,,,,,,,, ive never had to stick to a food budget like a lot of families do buying one chinese meal as a treat once a fortnight etc ,,,,, fuck that ,,,,,,,, lol ,,,,,,, and on top of all this have some savings too

regrets ? ,,,,,,,, well of course ,,,,,,,,, i regret not saving more , i regret never going to college to get some decent qualifications , i regret not maximising time spent on fruits ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or do i ? ,,,,,,, you see i strongly believe that the last 15 years have provided opportunity to have earnt and saved probably as much as half a million quid , but that this could have only been achieved by an equal amount of regimented sacrifice from every other rich aspect from the tapestry of life ,,,,,,,,,, and all work n no play makes jack the dull boy n all.

so whats the point of all this then ? ,,,,,,,,, well i feel the fruit scene is now a very different place to be ,,,,,,,,,, im old , theres little sense of amusement anymore , im finding it harder and harder to trudge round pub after pub , the fire is at an all time high , players are becoming more and more territorial , all the new machines are pretty dross (but hey fair play to any of you on new stuff) ,,,,,,,,, old good earners like mists etc are slowly getting relegated to the shit hole estate pubs (more fire) , ,,,,,,,,,, ok some days are still 300 plus , but getting rare because im having to travel more and incur more expenses to fewer units with more heat ,,,,,,,,,, some days ive been out 16 hours to earn less than 20 quid or even have losses ,,,,,,,,,, , it seems to me also that the ''edge'' has been declining too , (im not talking about single units , of course you can make a quick ton on one machine still) ,,,,,,,,,, im talking the overall edge of the odds in the pro's favour of a week in week profit outcome ,,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont know , maybe its just me but i think the 90% chance of coming home up , has dropped dramatically to around 60% ,,,,,,,,,,,, in short lately it feels more like gambling than pro playing .

overall , the above , plus my general lack of enthusiasm etc has eventually wore me down ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ive simply had enough ,,,,,,,,,,, 20 odd years has taken its toll on me both physically and mentally ,,,,,,,,,, even if £100 jp's are around the corner , even if things were to dramatically improve financially with the arrival of new methods etc

ive still had enough

i want to do something else now ,,,,,,,,,,,,as much as i dont relish the thought of working for somebody else (its a huge psychological hurdle ) , at least my outgoings are relatively small , i only need around 600 a month coming in to tick over nicely ,,,,,,,,, and so a part time job would suit my needs as main source of ( guaranteed ) income ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and maybe 2 days amonth playing fruits would be far more enjoyable , just to keep my hand in , in fact maybe just a couple of times a month would be relish'd with more vigour and enthusiasm ? hmmm

on top of all this i may be getting banned from driving in a few weeks anyhow (not that it mattered too much , i had a dole boy on stand by) ,,,,,,,, but i deserve it , as far as driving goes ,,,,,, im simply a cock .

anyhow a job may be very difficult to get , but we have savings and a little income from tracys buying and selling lark ,

or if we started to dig into savings a little too uncomfortably , we always have the option to move in my parents large house etc and cut outgoings by 70%

i'll still have my contacts , i'll still have the odd day out with martin george etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,, and i'll still come on here for the banter (what would life be without a one liner insult from kesh now n again ? LOL)

but as for full time playing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats it

cheers , lee.

ps , being in hospital lately , and seeing my family all there to support me , has also made me realise that i dont see enough of them , that theres more to life than money , and that my decision to quit full time will allow me to make amends
Welcome to McDonalds how can lee help u today pmsl
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Ok cannonball. That's fair enough. You should probably consider signing on, and using the money for the kids. I don't think many people would think that's morally reprehensible.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

chicken mcnudges sir ?

amazing

Post by amazing »

trayhop123 wrote:chicken mcnudges sir ?
Well u have said for years if u ever pack machines up its mc ds for u.

So when do u start?

Abbey lane would be a good ethnic mix for u to poison!

Lol
Whatever u choose good luck can't be easy the change either way
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

cheers amazing