calling it a day , , , well sort of

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im just tired of the lifestyle scott m8 ,,,,, the heat , the threats , the pissed up locals in the shitholes where most of the good earners have gone to , ,,,, im permanently knackered , ive had a recent health scare , i dont see my parents and sister enough , , ,,,,,,, i leave tracy 3-4 times a week for a 16-18 hour day ,,,,, i may get banned from driving soon ,,,,,,

if i do

option 1 , travel by train to fruit rich brum ,,,,,,, but run the risk of a kicking

option 2 , travel to london by train ,,,,first available train is after 10.00 am (else commuter rate of 80quid plus),,, 54quid standard ticket , 9quid tube ticket , 8quid taxi home ,,,,,,,, food etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so you gotta make 70-75 quid b4 ya make anything ,,,,,,,,,, plus you dont arrive in london till 11.30 and have to leave at 11pm ,,,,, with no outskirt pubs on the way or way back , and limited to tube only routes with the rest of the central london players etc ,,,,,,,, option 2 sounds like an occasional good day out , but most of the time an uphill struggle ,,,,,,,, risking an initial 75 quid aswell

option 3 pay a dole boy driver ,,,,,,,,, but have to be out even more hours to cover the extra costs

or option 4, work in a 3day part time 8 hour job for a guaranteed 50quid with no gamble/hassle ,,,,,,,, cover the basic needs , and still have the rest of the week at home freedom etc , or a day/night/few hours local leics slot for a top up

even if i dont get banned ,,,,,,,,, im still quitting full time playing ,,,,,,,,,,,,, ive had enough now anyhow for all the reasons i posted page 1
Little discipline = BIG issue

ob

Post by ob »

Is brum really that bad for playing that you risk a kicking playing there? I know off the infamous SPARROW, but JG seems to think <comment edited - death threat from Sparrows firm already received!>
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I do cover a large area of Brum, and have various agreements with the more territorial players, including Sparrow, despite not having seen him in a while. He's probably not the sort of person you want to get on the wrong side of.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

He actually sounds like he has really had it. Don't blame him. Its exactly like he says, there is far too much hassle these days. I think everyone should quit pubs before we read of 1 or more of us being murdered in 1 of the shit holes.
JG

Post by JG »

I'm surprised you've made any agreements with Sparrow there Will, he's not known for being open to sharing locations, what's your secret? He's a surly sod and may settle into a friendly(ish) chat with outsiders, but don't bank on it. I wouldn't describe him as 'all mouth', despite what OB says. He has been known to throw hot jacket potatoes at Blackpool players. Other than that I've not heard of him hitting anyone or rushing anyone off a machine BUT I've heard his brother/and or his mate are nasty pieces of work and they did warn a mate of Trayhop off a certain area, threatening to take his float and phone if they saw him again. I've met Sparrow three times. Once on his own, twice with Luke. First time he was alright. second and third time he grumbled a bit and he didn't like it when I suggested we share the unchipped whippedy-whoo in Golden Sands Caravan Park which made me say he was <comment deleted - death threat received>
I'm always respectful to other players and if they tell me they're keeping well on top of an area and that area is burnt, then I can believe them and will respectfully keep away from an area. If they tell me they're doing an area and I'm to stay away but yet I've been finding fresh stuff on a regular basis, that's when they're trying it on. Then it's up to me how I deal with that isn't it?

The best place to play in Birmingham is Handsworth. Absolutely no problems or heat in Handsworth. Probably.

I haven't seen Sparrow in ages either. I know he was playing a game that I can't mention on here as it'll cause a hoo-hah. I don't think he was on my machine, as I never bumped into him on my routes, some of which did take me all over Squirmingham.

How many territorial players do you know in Brum then Will? Obviously Sparrow is number one. Keith maybe if you go to Wolves up the M54 errrr this Potman who ran into Bik who I don't think I've met, but not 100%

The worst Birmingham player of all is Golden Eagle of Acock's Green. He is renowned for making sculptures out of the innards of other players. If he sees you he will come straight across and murder you. Luckily he only plays one machine, the 10p Happy Campers in the Bowling Alley just off the centre of Acock's Green on the Warwick Road. I did sneak in there once and pinch a couple of boards. I got the 3 nudges on a 1 and ripped the £5 jackpot. I nearly shat myself, but we didn't cross paths until I got to the door. I had missed him by seconds, but he spotted me immediately.

"I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU HERE BEFORE!!" he boomed with the power of 30 Sparrows in unison. A giant of a man, built like a tank built for demolishing brick shithouses his muscles rippled like a freak Tsunami crashing over the seaside town of Piddleton on Bay.

"Errr I I I I errr I I I amamamam h..h.hhh.hhhhere f..f.f..f...for the b.b.b.b.b.b.bow....bowl....bowlin....bowlin' bowlin' bowlin' BOWLING" I stuttered unconvincingly.

"Oh that's ok then" he said, before rushing over to the Happy Campers.

I haven't been back to Acock's Green since that incident. The next player wasn't so lucky. Even to this day they're using his innards as cushions on lane one, it's great for kid's parties. Stops them getting disheartened at the bowls going down the alleys.

Important edit/note to angry nosey man: If you're reading this as Will has asked you to, can you now do me a favour and re-read it, creating a tally of all spelling mistakes and making sure the grammar is all tickety boo and in order, can you also check how tickety boo is spellt, maybe with the suspicious bar manager spouting made up nonsense.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

A serious point, surely there are territorial players in London? I think it's just good luck Lee hasn't run into any yet. I suppose there's the fact you'd get a 'first offence' ticking off if you did run into them, before the threats and grudge matches started up.
JG
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

There are no players in London to be worried about in the slightest.
One tried to pay someone to get me away from a certain area a couple of years ago, and it failed miserably.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

He's ok with me mostly because it would be impossible to cover the whole area single handedly. As I've always covered the same area, I think he was happy to let me have it. Recently I've had to share it with someone whose work ethic far outstrips my own, but I'm only fairly friendly terms with him as well. Basically he has no respect for you because he hasn't ever heard of you through his network of contacts; and he knows you're dangerously close to an area he plays a lot. If every time he saw you, you were playing a machine that there turned out to be an empty on, the respect would come.
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

Noels Beard wrote:Will you be auctioning off your locations?
lol
Jack bauer
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Noels Beard wrote:He's ok with me mostly because it would be impossible to cover the whole area single handedly. As I've always covered the same area, I think he was happy to let me have it. Recently I've had to share it with someone whose work ethic far outstrips my own, but I'm only fairly friendly terms with him as well. Basically he has no respect for you because he hasn't ever heard of you through his network of contacts; and he knows you're dangerously close to an area he plays a lot. If every time he saw you, you were playing a machine that there turned out to be an empty on, the respect would come.

Couple of players from exeter always up in birmingham, dont think they get any hassle up there?
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I'm gonna buck the trend and say I don't have much sympathy for Lee. Fair enough if he wants to stop playing because he's bored of it, but surely he has to take some personal responsibility if he's having to travel so far to make coin. You share your info with someone, who shares it with someone, etc... and before you know it the shit is back on your doorstep. All your pubs are fire? Well they wouldn't be fire if they weren't being hammered by 4-5 sets of players a week. Obviously some of these situations are beyond your personal control, but from what I can garner, you've never professed to be keen on working out your own tricks or developing your own methods. You don't like gambling. All this is fine, but you're probably in the wrong profession.

All I would ask is that you don't hang vulture like on the fruit machine world whilst we struggle on, only to hustle the fruits of others labours when it suits you. Both I and my friends have seen too many good things ruined recently to want to subsidise an army of part time pros.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Upon reviewing that I look like a really miserable cunt. I stand by what I say but I also hope that leaving the fruit machine world behind helps you find something more fulfilling. I'm sure you're more than capable. Best wishes :-)
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

GaryChandler wrote:Couple of players from exeter always up in birmingham, dont think they get any hassle up there?
I left them to it because at the time I had bigger fish to fry. I'm not sure I'd be so welcoming now.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

hahaha must of been a different Will in Exeter the other month.

You can't even handle locals without seeking advice so how you going to prevent other players in Britain's second city?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

There is a clear difference between trying to maintain social decorum whilst in a pub and opening your arsehole to let all and sundrie through. How will I stop other players coming through? Well...erm...for a start I'm much better than you; I've been playing a lot longer than you, and by the sound of it I have a far keener social barometer.