calling it a day , , , well sort of

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Well. I'm sorry I've raised such vitriol Lee, just expressing my opinion. I was hoping you were doing 'the honourable thing' ...our very own Captain Oats, wandering out into the wilderness; facing certain death but leaving us enough supplies to survive. There's no need to be spiteful towards me, maybe you've never exploited any trick I've helped create. I don't follow your movements closely enough, and I keep myself too far removed to have my name put to anything. Lets face it, when anything comes out, there are at least 20-30 people who claim to have worked it out. But trust me, I've been there, genuinely early on many of the best tricks of the last decade. I'm the guy that probably makes 50% less off the tricks because I want them to survive, leaving the notey on even when I'm £130 in to get it started. Frankly I'm sick of it, and glad that within 3-4 months I'll be bumping into far less players. I genuinely wish you good luck. But I also genuinely hope I don't see you on stuff again. If I was in your situation? I'd make a clean break. Cut all your old ties and start afresh. This epilogue is just advice, so please don't explode upon reading it. Again...all the best!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Fair play to you if that really is the honest truth, I'd do the same if I was early on something. I do think that you being in the situation you're in does make it easy for you to tell the guy you'd prefer it if he was completely out of he game, maybe if you were in his position you'd be just as offended as he is by your comments and just as likely to 'explode'?

Wishful thinking that you'll bump into less players, I used to kid myself about this - just doesn't happen mate! Somehow there are always more new boys coming in than old ones leaving... I'd like to close down their training camp if I knew where it was! Probably somewhere in Blackpool or a cheap hotel in London full of the vermin.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Well I understand him being pissed off, because he probably thinks I'm just talking shit. In reality, the problem of too many players is caused by how easy most of the current crop of machines have been to rip. Between Vivids and Extremes, things were ok. That's about the last real lull we had to be honest. The last true dip in playable machines. Maybe we're now about to get another. And that would sort things out.
Ruler of The World

I bloody well hope so! Finding Can You Dig Its in grotty old pubs ain't my idea of fun!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Well, if you're still genuinely interested in playing fruits, you already know the right people.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

your both missing some points

im "NOT" quitting playing per se ,,,,,,,,,, im quitting "FULL TIME"

im quitting 18 hour days

i need a detox ,,,,,, ive had a recent health scare , ,,,,,,, at my age it makes you see things in a different light ,,,,,,,, all these 7am-2am , no sleep shitty fast food days need to come to an end ,,,,,,,,, and only 50% of the time im having what i would consider a decent financial day for the hours involved ,,,,,,,,,,, it feels more like gambling than ever ,,,,,,,,,,, which i dont mind for a few hours here and there etc ,,,,, but not for max hours and killing myself over it in the process .

and nobody in the world could tell me not to play part time , or keep in the loop ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially a complete stranger , who other than banter on an internet forum has no association with me whatsoever ,,,,,,,,,,,, in fact if i wanted to quit altogether , then come back into the fold ,,,,,, that would be up to me ,,,,, not you

and what's honourable got to do with it ? ,,,,,,,,,, if anyone wanted to jump in and out of the game ,,,,,,, im sure ive earned my stripes in the trenches over the last 20 plus years full time.

im old , im tired ,,,,,,,, i want to see more of my family ,,,,,,,,,,,, if im banned from driving , i would have to work even more hours to pay a driver ,,,,,,, making it even more of a gamble ,,,,,,,,,,,, fuck that

you see , (and i know this part is going to sound big headed ) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im also quitting full time ,,,,,"""" BECAUSE I CAN """ ,,,,,,,, i have savings , and dont need much of a weekly income to live comfortably ,,,,,,,, how many of you can say they can afford to quit out of CHOICE ? lol ,,,,

redlinesman (whoever he is lol) gets it

im in a position where money isn't the main motivation anymore ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a part time job ,,,,,, with a top up occasional local punt will do nicely

theres far more to life ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but if i ever decided i wanted to come back full time ,,,,,,,, who honestly has any right to ask/tell me i cant

im calming my lifestyle , im calming my nerves , im not cashing out at 50 of a spoons related sean coronary
Little discipline = BIG issue

Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Oh ok. Hardly think that even warrants a thread then. Most decent players aren't putting in 18 hour days for a minimal raise anyway.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

"I'm going to quit actually playing fruits, and wait for people to tell me something so full proof, they're virtually transferring the money to my account."
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

just carry on with the insults if you must will ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and if your on new stuff/methods ,,,,, fair play ,,,,,,,,, most of the truthful sorts on here admit its a bit shit at the moment , and not just financially ,,,,,,, the shitty drag of it all , the fire , the hassle etc

i can assure you will , that if a concrete 500 empty came out tomorrow ,,,,,,,,,,, im still not coming back full time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you just dont get it ,,,,,,,,,,, maybe you need a few more years under your belt to understand the disillusion

take care , ive nothing personal against you

Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Touché. I understand too well the disillusion. The difference between me and you? Well I think you summed it up at the start of the thread, you did your money in until you were told how to do better; and I taught myself how to do better. Sorry to put it in such stark contrast but you force my hand. I'm not scared. Yes it's a bit dark at the moment. But I'm ok. I'm at home in pubs, in bookies, and in arcades. I've done my apprenticeship in all three. I know how to avoid the pitfalls and make the most of the opportunities. I'm not scared.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

oh , and kesh m8 ,,,,,,,,, i feel a bit let down bud ,,,,,,,, come on ,,,,,,, whats with the car crap effort m8

seriously m8 ,,,,, cheer me up with a classic one liner

something along the lines of '' flange bigmouth pissflap '' :)

Ruler of The World

Good post there Lee and you DO have a point. Will (who I have only vaguely heard about) clearly has more enthusiasm than you do at the moment - probably because he knows more and fair play to him if he does... but because he does, he doesn't understand you. Looks like you've accepted that and he is standing by his guns too. I do see his point too, its frustrating to know there are 'hoverers' around who don't do the job 'properly' and stick it out in the bad times but then, its not a 'job' you get paid for at a flat rate so why shouldn't you be able to go in and out when you choose? Still frustrating though and if you were my competition I'd be pretty fucked off and try to burn everything too LOL. I guess Will is just 1 of these people who really prides himself as a fruit machine pro or whatever he calls himself and has done well enough and has the contacts to keep himself from even considering the seemingly unthinkable - quitting or semi-quitting.

On the flip side, it does seem like a bit of an attention seeking thread now as you seem to have shifted the goalposts since the 1st post. I don't know why you bothered telling us, to be honest! But not taking a swipe, just saying!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Lee, have you ever considered finding a decent little Bed & Breakfast in London when you come down. A couple of eight hour days a week. Come down mid morning, say, on a Thursday. Play til about 8 pm, then a quick steak, off to bed about ten. Up nice and refreshed in the morning, do 9-5, then home for about 7 ! Best of luck, whatever you decide. I gave up working six days a week about a year ago, love it. Just stopped wasting money, so no worse off, giving up roulette helped a bit though.
Roulette free since December 2011.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i told you ,,,,,,,, because its fruit CHAT m8

no other reason ,,,,,,,, im not a one line poster ,,,,,, and come what may ,,, i open myself up to ridicule on here all the time ,,,,,,,,,,,,, i like the banter thats all bud

ps. im not sure ive widened the goal posts m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,, in the very first post i outlined all my reasons ,,,, hmm dont think i added any

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

and harry m8 ,,,,,,, sounds like a plan ,,,,,,,,, but im married lol ,,,,,,, a regular few nights pass wouldn't wash lol