weights work out

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
maverick69

weights work out

Post by maverick69 »

As i have previously mentioned, last months ive been on a health kick. Ive lost 2 stone going from 18-16 and dropped from a 40 inch waist to a 36. Now ive started weights and im in fucking agony now with aching muscles. Is there anything that can relieve it somewhat? maybe deep heat or something. Anyone here with weight lifting experience ?
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

You'll only be sore for the first couple of weeks, you don't need to use deep heat mate.
san186

Post by san186 »

Before bed have some chocolate nesquick and skimmed milk. Its used as a recovery drink and you will feel alot less sore in the morning. I am starting p90x tomorrow and chocolate milk as a recovery drink is highly recommended.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Have a protein shake after workout. Doesn't that stop aches?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

or have a rub out
Jack bauer
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Protein shake warm up cool down relaxing bath. Just a shock to your body until it gets used to it. Stick in sounds like ya doin well.
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

Theres nothing that will actually make the pain go away its just our muscles getting used to te exercise but get something like ZMA which helps you recover quicker
Plumy2k

Post by Plumy2k »

The pain reminds you that you're alive!
cushelle

Post by cushelle »

I know I've been sort of semi trollin on other bits of the forum, however diet/weight is actually something I genuinely know a lot about. Even if you don't want to body build there's a lot of info regarding diet and exercise here and it's all free: http://scoobysworkshop.com/ . In terms of what to have after weights having tried a lot of different stuff and I'd recommend myprotien.com hurricane xs as the best one for recovery. It's basically the same stuff they sell in holland and barrrat (think its £50 a tub compared to £20) and I find it's better than just protein.
MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

maverick69 wrote:As i have previously mentioned, last months ive been on a health kick. Ive lost 2 stone going from 18-16 and dropped from a 40 inch waist to a 36. Now ive started weights and im in fucking agony now with aching muscles. Is there anything that can relieve it somewhat? maybe deep heat or something. Anyone here with weight lifting experience ?
sugary carbs help. when you cause muscle trauma your body is severely depleted of glycogen and glucose. After exercise, the sooner u begin to replenish muscle glycogen by consuming carbohydrate, the better. This is because, following exercise, the muscle cells are much more receptive to insulin, the hormone responsible for transporting glucose through the bloodstream to the liver and muscles, where it can be stored as glycogen. The body can synthesize glycogen two to three times as fast during the first two hours after exercise than it can at other times. just tryna help muk
BN1!!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Wtf billy? You swallowed a dictionary?
MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

nar betch just bin doin me research muka. winter now enit the bulking season has startd!!
BN1!!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Iv started the gym with my mate he's a gym instructor. He's doing his 3rd year at Uni. He is going to use this diet thing we have been doing. Inttamting fasting it's called. Look it up on YouTube these twins have been doing it. It's probably spelt wrong. Steroids are for pussys.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Intermittent fasting
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Cheers betch