Changing up or banking coins

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

a few years back i banked in alliance/leicester ,,,,,,,,, like others have said ,,,,,, pain in the arse 5bag rule

but been with natwest for a while now , never had no problems ,,,,,
Little discipline = BIG issue

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Scott wrote:Theres a coin changing machine in the services, you open a door, load it up with coins, close the door, wait for the green light, press the button and out come the notes, no charge either.
Or load up the drawer, press the 'notes' button and then wait for two and a half months to get your money when the poxy thing fucks up.

Oxford services by the way.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

I've never had a problem with banking £1 coins before.

The main problem is getting hold of them in the first place!

And who the hell showed this old bird how to do the QIA in this Wetherspoons?
Scott

Post by Scott »

I had one fuck up, the bloke came over with a key and opened it up and cleared it luckily.
Cobwebs 👆
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Also try sticking a load in a bookies machine and then playing off a couple of spins and getting ticket, there's millions of bookies around so very easy to do £100 a time
silent g

Post by silent g »

natwest in dartford have a coin in machine, ive rammed it with 800ish coins a few times, i put all my quids with the shrap pot and if anyone said anything i'd say ive save change all my life.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

JG wrote:Never had problems with paying coins in to Lloyds, bar the odd passing comment and one over enthusiastic junior manager who was rather keen to ensure I was not using the money in laundrettes. They had the Gaul to charge me £40 for a glitch in their on line banking system, but all branches I have used take coins. That one in Leicester must be an exception. They also try to sell their annoying financial products over the counter. Same as any bank I guess.

Is sphinx a pyramid clone rob? I've still got two pyramids rob. Not including the one probably in mr. Ps.

Tasty 280 loss on a 332 yesterday btw. JG luck. No TSLs in Minehead afaik, unless that classic slot is a TSL? In which case no wonder he was rude. Last time I was there £5 eastenders nudged in gold 7s for Jpot. Made £8 on it. They were very polite and happily changed it into £1 notes for me.
I had my Llloyds account closed for banking coins. Anyone paying in decent amounts should spread between multiple accounts to avoid this happening to them. A colleague had the same thing happen to him. Very disconcerting. They can close when they like and without justification.
BFK

Post by BFK »

My dog is always complaining.

Got a bag under her basket, can't get rid of them.
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

and ive lost my dolphin
Jack bauer
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Barclays just take the lot off ya and don't even count it in front of you. The other day I had counted my copper jar up also and they phoned me up to tell me I was £10 over what I told them so they would vcredit my account with this also
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I rammed one with 900ish and my dads got a faster car!
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I've found Barclays and Lloyds like to ask questions and get busy sometimes if you bring too many coins in. They also like to give a forever varying (depending on who's serving you) limit on the amount of bags you're allowed to pay in.

Lots of Metrobanks popping up around here now. They all have a coin machine which you can feed a monkey or a grand into without belonging to the bank, although they're getting a bit hot about it in some branches.

Two guys I know were running a nightspot near me 2-3 years ago, they used to take £500+ coins off me weekly and also gave me cheap bottles and queue jumps as thanks for the service. That was a great situation to be in but they run somewhere in central now so I can't really do it anymore. So if you know anyone in that game you should get on to them.

Also if you shop in a supermarket with self service checkouts you can pay for your shopping in coins then cancel and it'll spit notes back out, then repeat/pay for it with coins eventually. Works on Sainsburys and Tesco units for sure, haven't tried others but I'm sure they'll work.

I know it can be a nightmare living in a pound coin world sometimes and I always try my best to get rid of as many coins as possible, but there are a few advantages to feeding that pound coin monster in the corner of the room.

A) £20,000 in pound coins is a lot harder to spend than £20,000 cash. The difficulty when it comes to spending a large sum of coins means the £20,000 coins would only ever be going down very slowly.

B) Some random crackhead or jealous thief tries to rob your home and the £20,000 cash is easily shoved in the loot bag, unlike the £20,000 coins which won't fit in the loot bag and will be a nightmare to carry and get away with.

C) The Police decide to take your front door off at the crack of dawn and search your premises. They find £20,000 cash shoved in a drawer next to your small personal drug stash. They instantly conclude the money has come from drug dealing and your small personal stash was all that remained of your huge shipment. Your "cover story" of being a professional fruit player seems laughable in a courtroom compared to the Police's obvious logic. It's a completely different story if they find £20,000 coins, your story rings true and hopefully the Police see it to be too much effort to create an alternate criminal way in which you acquired the coins.

So there are some benefits to keeping a pile of coins at home, although if you plan to transcend the fruit machine world for a better life the majority of your savings will always have to be in the bank unfortunately. Nice to have a stack of coins to fall back on in an emergency though, especially if you don't trust the banks/police/thieves or like having money around that you can't/won't spend.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Iv been out put a full shift in today. I changed coins up in every pub even if the fruit wasn't ready or I lost on it. I also come across a Mecca draw pound change machine. Must off changed up at least 700 throughout the day obviously I made no were close to that but it's all getting banked tomorrow hastle free. Got car insurance tax ( that I'll pay in coins ) and I need a tyre. Cars are not the cheapest these days.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Putting a wad of notes in will raise more eyebrows IMO
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Ya think so betch? It's not going In my account. It's in my dads to pay for insurance.