Did you support Murray?

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Did you support Murray?

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Personally I didn't. I had a little bet on Federer winning 3-1 so was happy with that.

Not supporting Murray was nothing to do with his nationality at all, but after him spitting venom when asked if he was going to cheer on England in the 2010 World Cup, many Englishmen turned against him.
I can't understand this "Anyone but England" mentality from the other home nations as we want them win.

When Ireland were at the '94 World Cup in the USA, I remember the support they had in so many bars & pubs from us. It'd be nice if the guestures were returned sometime.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I feel the same, can't support the sweaty sock after that comment, i'm fairly sure it was before the 2006 WC he made that comment though?
Cobwebs 👆
skinner

Post by skinner »

Its his scrawny faced mother i cant stick,i backed federer at evs after the 1st set.
quizard

Post by quizard »

He's a public relations disaster. God knows what he would be doing if he was no good a tennis. He would come over a lot better if they just stuck a paper bag over his head and kept him away from a microphone.
Scott

Post by Scott »

It makes me laugh when you hear on the news that the whole uk is behind him, but judging by this thread so far not many like him or want him to do well! I doubt most people will forgive those comments, and i would support anyone except for him everytime!
Cobwebs 👆
Real Pro gamer

Post by Real Pro gamer »

Great day got English tennis today! Lol
BFK

Post by BFK »

The blokes a cunt.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I'm no fan of Federer, I think he is an arrogant prick but i'm pleased Murray lost. There is nothing remotely endearing about him, in interviews he totally lacks any personality and seems to be devoid of any wit or charisma. I hope he never wins it, and I doubt he ever will.

I enjoy watching tennis, but can't stand the whole upper class, elitist feel about Wimbledon. All those privately educated cunts in the crowd have probably never done a hard days work in their life, yet swan around like they own the place. I noticed all the cameramen and the commentators fawning over Kate Middleton and her socialite sister, and what the fuck was David Cameron doing there when thousands of refugees continue to flood our borders on a daily basis?

Fucking nauseating, all of it.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Never one to mince your words oscar
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

If I was at Wimbledon it would only be to nick the Salvia plants they had growing there.
Everyone being behind Murray is probably as deep and meaningful as when the Koreans were mourning over the death of Kim Jong Il.
And unfortunately when Pippa Middleton is facing forward, I have a far reduced interest in her.

He came out fighting way too early and it was inevitable what did happen later on. Back to reading Electric Soup eh Andy.
Scott

Post by Scott »

betchrider wrote:Never one to mince your words oscar

Oscar sounds very much like someone else who used to post.
Cobwebs 👆
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Can't even say he was born into the wrong era. Sampras and Agassi would have beaten him for fun 10 years ago and before them there was Becker, Lendl, Edberg, Connors, Wilander and MacEnroe. Would he have beaten them? Who knows?!

He's a top player no doubt about it and I think he has it within him to win a major, but everything will ahve to fall into place. He needs to stop whining and feigning injury to gain my respect though.

Who will win a major first Murray or Westwood?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

Scott wrote:Oscar sounds very much like someone else who used to post.

ratty perhaps ?
Little discipline = BIG issue

Scott

Post by Scott »

I'd say McStreak myself, could be way off though?
Cobwebs 👆
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Bang on the money, Scott. He hath risen.

And I must say I think Pippa Middleton is an immensely attractive woman, but she is too busy driving around the south of France with a bunch of wankers from the aristocracy to spare a thought for the average man in the street. It made me laugh when after the Royal Wedding some of the tabloids ran photos of her, commenting on her rather shapely derriere as though none of the papers readers had ever seen one before.

Then again when I think of the neanderthal state of most of The Sun's loyal readers, they probably found it rather titillating.