Jailbreaking

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
betchrider

Jailbreaking

Post by betchrider »

Anybody on here got jailbroke phone. I've seen a vid on you tube and it looks like it opens up the phone to loads of capabilities. What's the best one to get?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I think if you jail break an ipone you get all the apps and games ect for free, I might be wrong tho.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Yeah ya do but is all other stuff you can do when it's jailbroke that looks good
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Cant believe nobody on here got jailbroken phone
Real Pro gamer

Post by Real Pro gamer »

My mate jail broke his IPhone and it fucked it up,i cant remember what went wrong though but I can find out if needed,check out eBay they sell the jailbreak on there
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

I'd be wary of doing this, as if it corrupts your phone it will render any insurance you have for your handset null and void, and if you are in the early stages of a contract and the sim has been damaged as a result you will have to pay up the remainder of your contract.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

I've jailbroken my iPhones several times, but chose not to mention it as the benefits to someone who isn't technically minded are marginal.

However, there is no chance of sim corruption.

There is a chance that you could "brick" your phone with a bad firmware install, and have to jump through hoops to restore it to working order. There are plenty of internet articles on how to do this.

Bottom line is, if you're looking to play with jailbreaking your iDevices, you best read up on it to make an informed choice. See something like http://www.jailbreaknation.com/
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

It's been advised against now I'm on iOS 5.1 so I'll leave it. I was just impressed with the you tube vid
cloud9

Post by cloud9 »

jailbreak is easy to do and if anything goes wrong you can just plug it into iTunes and reload the original firmware I've jail broke lots of phones for friends ect and never had a problem once it's jailbroke you have access to 90% of apps on the app store for free you can also change the theme of your phone ringtone ect and if you like poker you can get flash which will play pokerstars ect don't listen to the horror story's once you've done it you'll wish you done it sooner
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Pokerstars is on anyway now maveri I mean cloud 9
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Cloud 9 and maverick are the same person??
AMK

Post by AMK »

I can smell it from here George. The man with rotting teeth in Hayes Leisure in Donny. I think it's to keep you off that £8 Jackpot Party Time.
silent g

Post by silent g »

ive got a jailbroken 4s and jailbroken ipad2, ive jailbroken all of my iphones and ipads since 2008 and never had a problem.
if you need help jailbreaking yours just tell me what phone and what firmware (eg 4.2.1 or 5.0.1) and ill give you the best and easiest program to use :)
jailbreaking installs cydia, cydia is where you download and install sources and apps to download struff without paying.
installous is a version of the app store where everything is free and its the best place to get free stuff.
if your device is jailbroken go onto cydia, go to sources, manage, edit, add the address http://cydia.hackulo.us, save, then click on the source you just added and install installous for all free apps :P
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

5.1 mate
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

I think I will probably wait until the warranty runs out before I seriously mess with my 4S...

If you jailbreak an Iphone, can you use whatever sim card you want in it? Because I understand that as standard they lock to the first network, whichever the original sim card is that is inserted. I certainly won't be staying with Vodaphone after the year is out...