Pay Day Loans

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

trayhop123 wrote: i havent been tarnished from the sting of the relentless emotional roller coaster that the saddict has to endure .
Thats where you have labelled gamblers as saddicts.

Maverick made a good point, even playing machines professionally IS a gamble. We have a greatly enhanced chance of winning but it is still not without a small risk of losing, therefore it is gambling, whether you like it or not.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

sausagefingaz wrote:I find of lot of the adverts for online gambling unpleasant. Does anyone remember the one for William Hill bingo, where a woman was telling lies to her husband to get him out of the house so she could play bingo in secret? It always annoyed me but was pulled by the asa for depicting a gambling addiction.
It is worth looking at asa.org.uk and searching for gambling as there are loads of upheld complaints tHat make interesting reading. Can't post a link as I haven't figured out the iPad yet.
I've just had a look on that website, very interesting a lot of it.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Mr McStreak wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jesus wept.

If you can't see how your comments are narrow-minded then you are either thick or on the wind-up. The fact you have referred to people who gamble as saddicts is narrow-minded in itself. Allow me to attempt to convey my sentiments in simple terms for you.

You say your comments are from the mind of a non-gambler. Therefore you have stated that you see it from one perspective only, and not from every angle. This view is N-A-R-R-O-W M-I-N-D-E-D. You then state that as a non-gambler you present a voice of reason. I must admit my eye rolled when I read that. Its not a voice of reason is it? It is the opinion of someone who has pigeon-holed everyone who likes to bet, and labelled them as saddicts.

When I walk into a betting shop I don't regard every customer as someone who has a gambling problem, I first regard them as human beings who like to wager money on the outcome of sporting or non sporting events.

Branding gamblers 'saddicts' is likely to offend 99% of the people on here, and a huge majority of the population. If someone is sat in the pub with a pint in his hand does it mean they are an alcoholic? By your logic it does.

Much of what you say is narrow minded and judgemental. It's as simple as that.

You might describe yourself as a comic enthusiast who has a particular interest in Superman, and a collector of related memorabilia.

A narrow-minded person, with no interest in comics etc might refer to you as a weirdo in his 40's who still reads comics and plays with kids Superman toys. Me, as a broad minded person, would probably say don't knock it til you've tried it.

Do you see where I am going with this?

I've met you once in real life, you seemed like a decent enough person, and I stand by my initial judgement. However, online you come across as a complete cunt.
I'm sorry Lee, but that's one of the best responses I've ever read on here!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i havent been tarnished from the sting of the relentless emotional roller coaster that the saddict has to endure .
Mr McStreak wrote:Thats where you have labelled gamblers as saddicts.

that's not labeling ALL gamblers as saddicts.
Little discipline = BIG issue

maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

trayhop123 wrote:i havent been tarnished from the sting of the relentless emotional roller coaster that the saddict has to endure .

that's not labeling ALL gamblers as saddicts.
saddict, it not a term im that fam with
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i would consider a saddict means someone for who gambling is a compulsive obsession ,,,,,,,,, where almost every life decision is motivated by gambling

if the average wage joe in the street , has family responsibility , family that relys on that wage to eat and survive etc ,,,,,,,,,,,, but he choses to bet it all away ,,,,,, thats a saddict . ,,,,,, the same can be said with drugs

im not talking about single blokes with no dependants , ,,,, if their only hurting themselves , thats fine.

johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

Mr McStreak wrote:Thats where you have labelled gamblers as saddicts.

Maverick made a good point, even playing machines professionally IS a gamble. We have a greatly enhanced chance of winning but it is still not without a small risk of losing, therefore it is gambling, whether you like it or not.
I don't think it is gambling TBH because i know over the period of a year that I'm gonna win, surly its not gambling if you know your gonna win. But technically crossing the road is a gamble so i guess most things in life are a gamble!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

very good.

AMK

Post by AMK »

It's just another business that exploits vulnerable people. I guess it's just the Wonga Way.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Picking holes.

Lee you state your the none gambler type.

Do you just spectate when you hold your 3card brag sessions?
Did you fall into this way off life or like most of us took an intrest in machines and progressed from there?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

feeder22 wrote:Picking holes.

Lee you state your the none gambler type.

Do you just spectate when you hold your 3card brag sessions?
Did you fall into this way off life or like most of us took an intrest in machines and progressed from there?
You have to have some sort of gambling mentality to play machines......most of us supress the gambler inside and try and be professional in out approach to playing machines
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Its not like the 15 and 25 pound days when u were pretty much guarenteed a raise, its a lot harder now and i think there is more of a gambling element to playing stuff now. i believe our edge has decressed
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

maverick69 wrote:You have to have some sort of gambling mentality to play machines......most of us supress the gambler inside and try and be professional in out approach to playing machines

This is correct, i suppressed mine a few years ago, only occasionally have a punt on a 500 but only few quid.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

the 3 card brag seshion hapens maybe 3 times a year , ,,,,,,, i set a limit to how much i allow myself to gamble . ,,,,,,,, i make my own concious adult decision to gamble , and dont blame any outside influence's if i lose.

how i got into this game is well documented elsewhere in this site ,,,,,,,,, i cant be arsed to re-write.

but the nutshell of it is ,,,,,,,, i started on videogames in the arcades at 13-14 ,,,,,,,, progressed to fruits ,,,knew nothing ,,,,,, became a saddict lol ,,,,,, many times gamble'd the bus fayre home etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but got lucky meeting the right person (nigel) , who showed me the ropes , showed me how to make it pay etc ,,,,,,,, never looked back since.

AMK

Post by AMK »

Just roll up with 50 bags Lee and stay blind. ;)