Pay Day Loans

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Phoenix

Pay Day Loans

Post by Phoenix »

Well these bloody adverts are getting all over the place now and have never taken much notice of them till today, not for what it is but for what it actually displayed at the bottom of the screen.

The ad in question is called Pay Day UK and its slogan is Keep Calm And Log On, at the bottom it actually tells you the A.P.R which is shown as 1,737% now that's one hell of a percentage, I thought I had not seen it right but about an hour later same ad appeared and yep that was the actual percentage shown.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Phoenix wrote:Well these bloody adverts are getting all over the place now and have never taken much notice of them till today, not for what it is but for what it actually displayed at the bottom of the screen.

The ad in question is called Pay Day UK and its slogan is Keep Calm And Log On, at the bottom it actually tells you the A.P.R which is shown as 1,737% now that's one hell of a percentage, I thought I had not seen it right but about an hour later same ad appeared and yep that was the actual percentage shown.
Never use these if u can help it, i saw a programme about ppl taking 200 out and owing 10's of thousands. you are better off getting a credit card and withdrawing cash. dont advise it
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

these adverts are no where near as rancid as the ones you see advertising big jackpot machines that you can play on your phone,one of the adverts you see 3 different people jumping around when they have a big win yet when you look at the reels on their phone there isn't a win in sight.
Jack bauer
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

obviously the budget for the advert wasn't enough for them to get a win lol
Jack bauer
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

eastangliapro wrote:obviously the budget for the advert wasn't enough for them to get a win lol
buddylove got a gold pot on his phone, the only problem was he needed a phone to film it . LOL
skinner

Post by skinner »

Yeah they dont show the other side of things like the smashing up of the fobt after losing a months wages in an hour,the other ones that piss me off are the ''no win no fee'' compensation ads,no wonder the cost of insurance is going through the roof,i see they've even dug-up Esther Rantzen for this shit now.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

There not that hOrrendous tbh its like borrowing a 1er and owing 1 and half back. There only no good to people with nonintensions of paying it back
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

agreed , if you was so hard up and none of your mates trusted you anymore with money after repeated incidents of not paying them back, you could borrow a couple of hundred for float to go for a pog and only have to payback about 40 a 50 on top over a week or so.

if you missed a payment though , wonga.com etc would then probably have you parked in front of a glory hole to get the money back.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Betting adverts in general annoy me, quick loan adverts disgust me, but the betting advert I find most repulsive is the one where you've got some bloke cheering and celebrating through a range of scenarios such as being sat at home, down the pub or on the bus. He appears radiant, and in the pub bit women seem to gravitate towards him, creating the illusion that gambling can aid your success with the ladies. The bus part I find disturbing because being able to gamble on your smartphone whilst on the way to work is at best incredibly irresponsible, and the advert is encouraging people to do so. Mind you, the fact that the man is on a bus in the first place suggests that he can't afford his own transportation, so a bit of an own goal there.

David Cameron must sit through these adverts whilst watching the cricket, surely he can see that painting a picture where gambling is a pursuit which brings happiness to people is morally corrupt. Its a fucking disgrace these adverts are allowed airtime, but I doubt Cameron or anyone else profitting from other peoples misery really give a toss.

Take Fred Done. He likes to think of himself as a man of the people, and even 'stars' in his own adverts. Yet if you were to win a single football bet from a wager of over £500, the next time you tried to do so you would most likely struggle to get £50 accepted. If he breezed into my local shop and started to pal up to the customers I swear i'd knock the old cunt to the floor.

It seems like everyday a new gambling website appears, even on here. I'm tempted to pay the tenner or what ever it is, and never see such adverts again.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im gonna ruffle a few feathers here no doubt ,,,,,,,,,, but i cant agree , sorry everyone .

let them advertise , ,,,,,,,, i agree the allure can be strong for week minds etc .

but the old adage rings true ,,,,,,,, ***nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you gamble***

sorry if i sound harsh and cynical , ,,,,,,,,,, you all talk about regulating the advertises etc .

what about self regulating ??????

there gonna keep advertising , if mugs keep betting .
Little discipline = BIG issue

BFK

Post by BFK »

Lots of people bet for fun as well Iconhop. Are they all mugs aswell?

You'd rather spend a tenner on some action figure than have a couple of £5 accas while watching the footie results come in. That's fine, but don't knock those that would rather chance their luck on some form of betting.

It's normal that bookies will try and promote their product to entice punters to use them. Just like toys'r'us and game station will battle for ur cash!!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

im not knocking em bfk m8 ,,,,,actually yes i am , ,,,,,, fine if people want to bet,,,,,,, but ,,, im saying they dont have any right to complain if they lose whatsoever .

and those that truly truly bet for fun ,,,,,,,,,, well they wouldn't have any reason to complain either would they ? despite the outcome ,,,,,,,,,, its just fun isn't it ?
Little discipline = BIG issue

BFK

Post by BFK »

Well it is fun to the majority of the millions of footie bets that get put on each week.

Speaking of which.......Come on West Ham you useless cunts!! I need you to score!! All part of the fun!!
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

I find of lot of the adverts for online gambling unpleasant. Does anyone remember the one for William Hill bingo, where a woman was telling lies to her husband to get him out of the house so she could play bingo in secret? It always annoyed me but was pulled by the asa for depicting a gambling addiction.
It is worth looking at asa.org.uk and searching for gambling as there are loads of upheld complaints tHat make interesting reading. Can't post a link as I haven't figured out the iPad yet.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

trayhop123 wrote:im gonna ruffle a few feathers here no doubt ,,,,,,,,,, but i cant agree , sorry everyone .

let them advertise , ,,,,,,,, i agree the allure can be strong for week minds etc .

but the old adage rings true ,,,,,,,, ***nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you gamble***

sorry if i sound harsh and cynical , ,,,,,,,,,, you all talk about regulating the advertises etc .

what about self regulating ??????

there gonna keep advertising , if mugs keep betting .
I've no real problem with your comments Lee, I expected your views to be narrow-minded and they most certainly are.

I don't have a problem with losing money, I never complain or get angry when I lose money, because I accept that i'm more likely to lose than I am to win. Anyone who has witnessed some of my heavier gambling sessions will concur with this. I make a conscious decision to bet, and still enjoy a small football bet here and there.

In your eagerness to jump in with your usual holier-than-thou ramblings you have completely missed the point.

I have no issue with these various gambling websites advertising on tv, they have to advertise, and it is their right to do so. The problem is the manner in which they are advertised. If you had read my earlier post properly you would have garnered this information. It is akin to the hamlet cigar adverts which drew much criticism back in the 90's because they appeared to glamourise smoking. Some betting adverts clearly make gambling appear glamorous, which is totally wrong in my opinion. All these incentives you get to sign up, 'deposit £50 today and we'll match it' etc is a bit below the belt as well, because it entices people to get involved.

You could say that it is no different to Mattel offering a free Robin figurine to anyone who purchases a Batman one, and you are right to an extent, after all, it is a good offer, but the difference here is that betting sites don't point out that you have to bet the initial stake several times over, sucessfully, before you can withdraw it. They do this with a clear aim, to get people to gamble habitually. It's a con, much in the same way that if you purchased your Batman figure and received a Polly Pocket toy (TM) instead of your Robin figure, you'd feel conned and misled.

Before you accuse me of poking fun at your fondness for comics and Action Men etc, i'm not. I'm just trying to put my valid point across in terms that you are more familiar with.