do you want to hear a joke

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
xhopz

Post by xhopz »

BFK wrote:I'm sorry but I don't believe you can make 'more than a grand a week' if u want to.

That's the equivalent of a normal job paying nearly a £100k per year.

Didn't u post something about wondering whether ur mortgage payment had gone out as the reason for ur card being declined? Yet you claim to have a 6 figure bank balance in another thread?
laughable isn't it.

I think most of the decent players on here have got maverick's card marked as a chancer.

In another recent thread he talks about bumping into a player after eight years, even though he's been playing less than half of that time.

In another he talks about making 'lesser players' wait in the car!

There's plenty more of his lies if you look at some of his older posts too.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

2 bits of advice for you Maverick...

1. Teaching is a profession, not a hobby. If you want to be a teacher go into it wholeheartedly. By this I mean don't get home after a day in the classroom and then rush off playing fruits, because if so you will fail as a teacher. Devote all your time to it, else you won't get any satisfaction from doing the job.

2. Don't become an English teacher.

I've looked into teaching before, was going to do a TEFL so I could teach English abroad. You could do the same, but for fucks sake, learn how to write properly first. For someone claiming to have a degree you come across as intellectually impoverished.

When you started coming on here boasting about how much you were earning, and taking the piss out of people you came across as someone who is rather unhappy with their life, and I guess I was right. The other people who post similar garbage are also most probably dissatisfied with their lives.

Sometimes you post quite sensibly, sometimes.

If you have a decent amount saved then, seriously, well done, but from what you describe about your lifestyle it appears you are both materialistic and rather lavish with your money. For this reason I doubt you have any real savings, and probably know that whatever you earn off fruits will mostly be wasted on the many excesses one could indulge in. This is why you feel your life is slipping by, and you probably feel as though the years you spent getting a degree (if you have one) are going to count for nothing if you don't put it to use.

I'm not having a dig here, i've wasted the last 15 years of my life with fuck all to show for it, but I won't come on here pretending otherwise. If you are serious about sorting yourself out then find a job, any job to begin with. The routine will do you good. I feel much better about myself these days since I started work, and have much to look forward to.

Good luck, but I reckon you'll go out today, make £3-400 and be on here tonight saying....

Phat day 2day cleared £600 after expenses, sick raise went Leeds evrything flyin those leeds boys cant play fruits for shit lol.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I like to see the best in people or at least believe what they say until its cast iron bullshit.

Maverick, you have a degree, a very healthy sum of money, free and single and I guess you must be in your early thirties. You should travel the world for 6 months, try and get this downbeat depression out your system before it escalates (sp?!).

Good luck in your job search mate as its really hard to get even a min wage job these days, especially when employers are trying to roll three job roles into one and pay the employee bottom dollar.

I think a 10-16 hour p/w might suit you to begin with and Harry was spot on with voluntary work. It may improve your self esteem, help you to decide whether you want to work set hours and have a boss and it'll also go onto your CV. Every little helps.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

maverick69 wrote:i got a mate whos a headteacher, he said come in next week and shadow someone for 5 days. and he will give me a reference lol
I would have thought you'll need a CRB check done before you can do anything like that ?

Your picking the wrong time to have an epiphany, Jobs are few and far between and the money in the game at the moment is obscene even for us rats.

2012 should see the strugglings countries economies flat line, 2013 should be the year of recovery and the Jobs market improve.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

It might sound stupid, but if you have plenty of spare cash... do a masters.

You'll only be in part time, which means you can pretty much slot full time whilst getting an education and in the year/2 years it takes you to do it, you can do whatever you want to further yourself ie. voultary work, or work experience somewhere you want to work etc, get yourself a couple of decent references... maybe even someone to say you worked with them for 9 years :lol: ... and most importantly universities don't care where you've been as long as you have a half decent story (just say you were travelling etc)

and as gambo says, by 2013/2014 companies might start being in a position to start hiring again... I've got to look for jobs for this summer, and it's fucking grim.

I've been in higher education for the last 5 years, and that's all my CV says, what else you do in that time is an irrelevance, so would probably suit you perfectly, you can't just go straight from 9 years out of civilization into the real world without some middle ground.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

I havent got fuck all, no gcses, never had a job in my life. Evrything iv made of fruits i have blasted on somthing else. My life is going nowere.
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

at least u got fruits mate, some people have not even got that. least your unskilled with skiils. not just unskilled with fuck all loool
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

ive got an interview with an investent banking firm on the 18th....those contacts have served me well. lets hope i can get in there
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I'd just say I was workin for my brothers business abroad or summat
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

maverick69 wrote:ive got an interview with an investent banking firm on the 18th....those contacts have served me well. lets hope i can get in there
So one minute its teaching, and the next investment banking.

Here's a tip.... set your sights a little lower.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

You couldn't make it up could you? Oh hang on
messiah

Post by messiah »

Don't know why there is scepticism.

Investment banks have toilets that need cleaning as well
exactly

Post by exactly »

BFK wrote:For example.......

If I was earning a grand a week(I'm not, nor do I come on here bigging up the fact i am) would I really give a fuck about earning £30k a year as a teacher and after deductions take home £500 a week? The answer is no.

The same as if U asked the average man who is earning £500 a week in whatever job, whether he'd like to earn £1k a week playing fruit machines working wherever and when ever he liked, would he jump at the chance? Why yes he would!!
I wouldn't.

I prefer having a job, career, structure, colleagues and security to hanging around in pubs hiding beers, being watched by other players and arguing with barmaids about payouts. Playing machines for a living is for people who have given up on life.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

exactly wrote:. Playing machines for a living is for people who have given up on life.
your entitled to your opinion m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i cant agree with that statement .

playing full time has opened up more ''life'' opportunities ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, without the suffocating constraints of a , ''have to be there at the beck n call of the man'' conventional job.

making our own rules and choices etc ,,,,,,,,,,,, not having to conform etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, taking whatever time off we fancy to enjoy the spoils

i certainly haven't given up on life, ..,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,, quite the opposite
Little discipline = BIG issue