Warnock Sacked!!!!

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
BFK

Post by BFK »

That's what use to wind me up about Terry Venables allegedly being one of the greatest coaches/managers in the world.

Yeah he won the league with barca(see mogs coin flipping quip) and I think the FA Cup with spurs but that's it!! All he ever did was mug off clubs(ask palace and Pompey fans their opinion!!)

Yet all you use to hear on telly from everyone is how great he was. So great he'd been out of work for years!!

Bit like the morons at Liverpool wanting Dalglish as manager, he won the title with blackburn when in those days you could with the money he had at his disposal, does fuck all at Newcastle and ruins Celtic with John Barnes, and apart from sitting on his arse and looking a miserable coot on sky now and again has done nothing for 10 years, but yet he's the man they wanted?

Not much different from the idiotic Newcastle fans who kept wanting Keegan back every time a job came back up for grabs. So he use to be a good player for you? Can he do the job? NO!!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

O'neill done a brilliant job for Leicester, 2 league cups and a couple of top 10 finishes is about as good as it gets for us, i wish him all the best.
Cobwebs 👆
messiah

Post by messiah »

BFK wrote:Not much different from the idiotic Newcastle fans who kept wanting Keegan back every time a job came back up for grabs. So he use to be a good player for you? Can he do the job? NO!!!
More to do with the style of football played under his first regime as manager that made people want him back - can you imagine watching them, and if you weren't 2-0 up by half time, you thought they were having a bad day.
BFK

Post by BFK »

I remember that season yeah, one of the best ever. Newcastle played some fantastic stuff and were a joy to watch. Brilliant stuff, everybody's favourite 2nd team. Would have been great to see them win it.

But after he left he proved he just couldn't cut the mustard.

With money he got fulham promoted, was dismal for England and lets face it his time back at Newcastle was laughable.

Seems like a genuinely nice guy tho. And probably has to much money to worry about getting back into the game. But no doubt if Ashley does leave Newcastle and a job comes up they'll all want him back!!
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

I wasn't happy with Dalglish's appointment, great player yes, but not a great manager. So far he has spent over £100 million mostly on shite. All the scousers wanted Dalglish in because they are blind to his limitations, and they wanted to give the club its identity back.

Liverpool will finish no higher than 5th this season, and Dalglish should be sacked.
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

When Keegan was at Newcastle and they went so far clear at Christmas, they were no better than Tottenham are now. It was only because they were so far clear that people really believed they could do it - but I didn't. He bought Asprilla and people say this ruined the balance of the team, defensively they became even more naive... some say Keegan bottled it. I think no one bottled anything, Man Utd were just better and caught them up - same as Arsenal caught them up a few seasons later, but no one says Ferguson bottled it then.

As for Dalglish, he wasn't a bad appointment. He has the fans behind him, he's a legend as a player and OK he bought the title with Blackburn but not many managers have won the premiership and he's one of them. He had the foundations of a good team and bought with the money available. Carroll was obviously a total waste of money. Suarez? I think he's a great player. I think Liverpool actually have a chance for 4th with Arsenal constantly slipping up and Chelsea being hopeless. Unbeaten at home but drawing 7 of 11 is pitiful. I see it as a rebuilding season for them, perhaps he'll learn from his mistakes and do better next year. Liverpool are and always will be a great club and will always have cash and attract top players... although that is beginning to fade as they haven't won the title since 1990. If they don't win it within the next few years, they are in danger of becoming like Everton. Everton are historically an amazing club. 3 years in their entire history out of the top flight, unrivalled. For all the money they HAVEN'T had, they still stay in this league and usually are in the top half. Why? Because of history I believe, they have a great youth system and really good players are now coming through. They'd do well to sell Rodwell, he's over rated garbage like Carroll - I just hope they spend what they get for him on some strikers, desperately needed.

Venables... I think he was a very good tactician, when he was in charge of England he picked the right players and had them playing very well, just remember how often England got beaten under him and how. I'd say he and Robson were by far the best 2 England managers in my lifetime. Yes he does love a pay off, you can't blame him for taking those crap jobs, I would too! No one really expects miracles with clubs like Crystal Palace, so why not just do a half hearted job and bugger off with the money?

Finally, on Tottenham's title winning chances... all gone now. If we'd beaten Stoke, Chelsea, Swansea and Wolves we'd now be 7 points ahead of City with some difficult games coming up and a real chance, the spirit would be there and I think Harry would have kept us top. But we didn't beat any of those teams, we've already bottled it and even if we beat City, we still won't win it. Its a fact of life that even under Harry, they don't quite believe they can win it and always bottle it. We also won't win the FA Cup. I wouldn't even say we're guaranteed 3rd, but I do think we'll hang on to 4th - thanks to Arsenal. Its Liverpool or Chelsea for the other Champions League spot.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

betchrider wrote:Next Leeds manager if Grayson goes?
You heard it here first maybe?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
BFK

Post by BFK »

You can have Jewell.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Jewell's quality! 5-1 over West Ham!